Chapter 5

Chapter 5

     I was standing by a beach, all by myself. The wind was blowing in my hair and I could smell the salty sea. I closed my eyes and savored the feeling of the warm sun and the cool wind combining. Then warm hands circled around my waist, pulling me against a warm body. A chin rested on my shoulder, then warm and soft lips pressed against the bare skin of my shoulder. 

     Startled by the fact that my shoulder was bare, I looked down and noticed that I was wearing something that I had never once worn voluntarily: a summer dress. The dress was white, decorated in blue and yellow flowers. It was loose, and the fabric of it moved in harmony with the wind. 

     I closed my eyes and leaned back, letting my head rest on a warm chest. The person’s hands skimmed over my arms, until his fingers intertwined with mine. He pulled on them until he was hugging me, and I was hugging myself in return because he hadn’t let go of my fingers. A trail of kisses went from my up my neck until I felt his breath warm against my ear.

     "I love you," the man whispered, " I'll love you until the day I stop breathing and even then, I'll love you". I felt as if my heartbeat left me and a new one replaced it, taking the term "you have my heart" literally. I turned around to reply to him, when I felt myself being tugged away from him. Something pulled me, so much that it hurt. The beach was gone, and in it's place was an empty blackness, threatening to consume me. I screamed and thrashed so that the thing would let me go, but to no avail. The last thing I saw before the nothingness consumed me was two blue green eyes. 

     "Tammy, Tammy", my dad said, shaking me.

       "Ugh, stop it dad," I muttered and twisted out of his grip. I rolled until I had my faced buried on my pillow and was lying flat on my stomach. 

      "Are you okay Tammy?", he asked me in a worried voice. When I didn't answer he grabbed my shoulders and said, "Tammy, are you okay?". 

     "Yes, yeesh, I'm fine, bad dream," I said, now annoyed. 

     "But you never have bad dreams" my dad said, a question mark evident on his face.

     "Yeah, well, I guess there's a first for everything now, isn't there?" I said. Seriously, it isn't a big deal to have a bad dream once in a while. Although it did deem bad to dream about something not so bad but something you weren't supposed to dream about. Like guys. 

      "Yeah, yeah I guess," he muttered sheepishly, but then adding, "um, I have to go, there's been this emergency at the hospital and they need me to come in. Is that ok?"

     Resisting the urge to say, you would still go if I said that it wasn't ok, I instead said, "Sure, when will you be home?"

      "I don't know, could be a while." 

     "Oki doki," I said, pushing at him so he could let me up. He was sitting at the edge of my bed, but when I pushed him he stood up. He started to walk out of my room, but then stopped by my door and asked, "you'll be ok while I'm gone, right?"

     "I've been ok for seventeen years dad, I think I can manage", I snapped before I could help myself.

     "Um, right, I'll, erhh, see you later, then," dad said and then left my room. It was apparent that I had hurt his feelings, but I couldn't truly bring myself to apologize. I wasn't above sulking; he was probably the main reason my mom left. Except for maybe me, that is.  

     I jumped out of bed and headed for the showers. Once that task had been accomplished, I brushed my teeth staring at my mirror as I was doing it. I stopped for a second, toothbrush still in my mouth, and pulled lightly on my hair. Maybe I shouldn't have cut it. It looked less feminine this way, surely Will would like it longer ... Wait, wait back up. Will? Why should I care what he thinks of my hair? I started brushing me teeth again, vigorously.