Chapter 7

Chapter 7

      I awoke the next morning, feeling groggy. Rubbing my eyes, I yawned, and then tensed. Why was my bed so hard and uncomfortable? And why was my pillow so warm? I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was a mans chest, clothed. Scrambling away from him, I took in my surroundings. The dead deer was a couple of feet away from me, it had obviously been moved, my bike was still lying on the ground, and right next to me was a sleeping Will. 

     I couldn't help but stare, he looked so calm and peaceful, so perfect somehow. And yummy, very yummy. Some of his blond brown hair was in his face, so I leaned over him slightly, and pushed it out of the way. I couldn't stop the lingering fingers as they caressed his cheek, trailing the side of his face until they landed right above his lips.  When he rumbled, I immediately removed my hand from his face. He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me, he then sat straight up, wide awake. He looked at me before asking, 

    "Are you ok?", concern leaking into his voice. 

    "Well, I'm better now then last night, at least."

    "Can you stand?" he asked his eyes looking down at me legs. Oh right, I had broken my legs. 

    "Yeah, I think." I stood up, slowly, and shook my legs lightly; they were in working condition. I looked up and smiled at him and he smiled a small smile back at me. I walked over to my bike, and pulled it up so that it was standing. Even after just a quick glance it was clear that it wasn't going to start again, Great, now I have to walk all the way home.  

    When I started to walk, pushing the vehicle along, I felt Will's hand carefully touch my shoulder. 

    "Where are you going?", he asked me, looking a tiny bit panicked.

    "Home, my dad's probably going to kill me." If he even noticed my absence. 

    "Ok, can I walk with you? That's something a friend would do, right".

     "Yeah, I guess, or I don't know. Probably". Since when was I this unsure of stuff?

    "Ok, then I'll walk with you."

    "Ok, you'll walk with me."

    We walked in silence for a few moments, him looking tall and brooding. He was wearing a black shirt and black jeans that looked great on him, emphasising his prominent muscles. Wait a second… 

    "Um, how are you clothed? I mean, you were pretty, um,  not-clothed last night."  

    "Oh, just some spare I found in the woods right over there." Werewolves sometimes had to phase unexpectedly, and so there were clothes pretty much all over town, for any wolf and every wolf.  

    "That makes sense, I think." Since when did "think" or "guess" stuff, I was always certain of everything. A few more seconds passed by and I couldn't really think of anything to say. Not that something needed to be said, the silence was actually very comfortable, but for some reason I didn't want to seem boring. When I did think of something to say, he beat me to it. 

     "So, you guys have no pack doctor down here?" he asked, sounding curious but yet concerned.  

    "No, I don't think. I mean, there's this guy, Jack, that has a degree but I don't think that's what you mean."

    "No, a pack doctor is like a regular doctor, but just one that focuses on wolves, not humans. Most pack doctors are human doctors, as well, and they have the wolf part like a, um, hobby, I guess."