Old friend ♧

Taehyung

"Your highness, I must go back to my old duty as the princess isn't here anymore. It was clear that my service for her is only temporary."

I gave the strict looking assistant who took care of Charlie these weeks, a grateful smile. 

"But Rina...when she gets back and she stays for good, you'll stay for good as well. Is that a deal?"

She bowed.

"It'll be my pleasure, your highness."

I nodded and she silently left my quarters.

Once again, there is silence.

Sadness.

It was only yesterday when she went back to Austria but it already felt like years. I toyed my phone and sip from my glass of wine as I deliberated whether to call her or not. Just in time when I decided to give her a call, my phone rang.

An unknown number.

Country calling code is +7

Russia.

This isn't Avalanche's number. Maybe from the palace?

But the palace has its own mobile code...

I hesitated at first but answered anyway.

"Who's this."

A low chuckle.

"An old friend."

I slightly rose from my seat.

"Old friend. I don't remember-"

"Oh. Tsk...that's the problem with you people of prestige. Once you don't need your friends anymore, you abandon them."

His voice was concealed in some kind of a voice changer device which I find really absurd.

"If you're brave enough to confront me about abandoning you then why hide the voice."

An insulting laugh.

"To make things more interesting. "

I chuckled;

"You do realize that this call is automatically tracked down and recorded. How stupid can you get. Really."

"Uhm... of course I know. After all we used to be friends. Ah, by the way...your future princess is such a beauty. That kind of innocence is such a turn on. "

Yoongi suddenly stepped inside my room and I signaled him to shush.

"Leave her out of this. What do you want."

He chuckled and made a long pause before he had spoken again;

"Ring around the rosy,
Pocket full of posies,
Ashes, ashes, YOU all fall down."