Decisions □

Taehyung

I held her firmly in my arms and she continued crying, reaching out for Yoongi who I seldom see in such a melancholic state. She wouldn't stop whimpering even though her voice started to get hoarse.

"Charlie, calm down...Yoongi, let's take her to her house."

Despite her defiance, I carried her and marched to her quarters.

We stayed with her until she was able to fall asleep... occasionally, she would still whimper. I gently wiped tears from her eyes.

"Yoongi. I want to talk to you about this. Let's discuss it here and now."

He sighed and fixed his eyes on me and crossed his arms.

"You are my most trusted adviser and I know you won't lie to me..."

He didn't say anything and waited for me to continue.

"Days ago, Charlie got drunk over a wine...and she mentioned something that is quite puzzling for me. She kind of gave me a hint on where she came from...and she said that she lied to me."

He shifted his weight and furrowed his brows.

"Her exact words were;

Charlie doesn't belong here...but the prince doesn't like people who belong there so Charlie is worried...but Charlie loves him very much..."

I carefully rose and sat on a chair just beside her bed. While Yoongi had this unfathomable look on his face.

"I don't want to think that you went against my wishes, Min Yoongi. Who is Charlie...where did she come from."

He gazed at me heavily. His arms remained crossed over his chest.

"If Charlie is a defector...what are you going to do about it."

His voice depicted a possibility of what I feared most.

"Deport her? Get rid of her?"

I clenched my fist.

"If that's the case, your father might as well deport my father."

I flinched at what he just said.

He heaved a sigh.

"I will speak on behalf of Charlie as a citizen of this country. The irony of your situation maybe a little difficult for you take and before you do anything foolish, I will take responsibility for all the blame that you can possibly bestow upon her. YES. Charlie is a North Korean defector."

I felt my ears warmed at his revelation. I clenched my fist and my heart trembled.

"I found her on the streets of Gangnam looking for the infamous yellow house. Someone tricked her that she could get a decent job in the place. Yes, a person from our side is capable of leading an innocent young lady into trouble. A South Korean. I offered her the job because she had nowhere to go. Let me clarify that she didn't force herself into this job like how you always described their kind...someone who will always take advantage. She was even worried and didn't want to be a burden to me and my father. But never in my years of life I've seen such kindness and innocence from a person. Being considerate of others. A character you believed someone from the other side does not possess. She was adopted by your citizens your highness and considered her as their own. She came from an orphanage from the other side. About your question regarding on why is she naive of so many things, there goes your answer. The orphanage didn't have anything but books and yes she has tasted grass."

He shifted his weight and gazed at Charlie.

"What amused me is the irony of this situation. You stumbled on a stone you truly despised and struggled to avoid...  and even fell on it. Your highness, a sanction is a must. That I clearly understood. I will present my apology and resignation letter on his crown prince's desk first thing in the morning. Also, if you'll have Charlie deported, let me go with her."

I was completely speechless of his revelation. This is so unexpected of Yoongi...the betrayal. It wasn't just a betrayal on purpose but it's for a cause. He's ready to throw himself on the flames to justify Charlie and her situation. He was always silent about my perception towards North Korean defectors. I thought he was trying to be neutral but now he's openly defending one against his prince. 

I glanced over Charlie, whose eyes still swollen and face still crimson...what I just learned which turned out to be worse than I feared at inexplicably didn't affect the way I see her.

It was just when she accidentally spilled where she came from that mortified me. I came to realize I didn't feel threatened...but afraid. Afraid for her and not for how I feel towards her.

I moved back to her bed side again and held her shoulder, which was concealed with blanket.

"3 days your highness. Decide on her fate. I will accept no matter what your decision will be."

"3 days is a long time. I'll decide tomorrow."

I declared.

"Very well. But if you decided to keep me and deport her...I will make sure that there isn't going to be a way for you to see her again. That not even the Russians who can set foot there, could help you."

I furrowed my brows at Yoongi's threat. I know his family has countless connections...but his stance over this matter scared me.

"Until that decision, you are still my adviser and if I defy a rule now, you can't do anything about it. I will take Charlie in my quarters and she will be taken care under my roof."

What I declared softened his contemptuous reaction. Without saying another word, I held Charlie and was taken aback as I felt how warm she is. Automatically, I touched her neck and her forehead. She's burning hot!

"Yoongi, quick! A doctor!"

What I said instantly made him jump to his feet. 

I took her in my arms and covered her with a blanket.

I don't care if my parents or whoever the fuck finds out but I'm taking care of her in my quarters!

She mumbled her parents and huffed warm breath. It could be due to her lack of food and distress which caused her to end up with a high fever.

I snuggled her closer to mine as I carried her to my terrain.

"Charlie, Charlie pass your fever on me..."

I hummed on her ear, trying to compose myself as I'm a little antsy.

The servants were startled upon seeing us and immediately assisted me.

"Tell adviser Min to send the doctor here."

•□•