Sad Charlie ♧

Charlie

The prince and I were having breakfast and was talking about which movie to watch tonight as it would be my last night sleeping in his quarters. The royal family, his highness' parents and the rest are expected to return tomorrow. But we weren't expecting that the ladies and adviser Yoongi would return soon.

Both stunned, the ladies excitedly greeted the prince and ignored me. Except for Mari unnie who said hello to me and Miso who looks like she's really not in the mood. She just made an appearance and excused herself. The prince was obviously happy when they arrived. They have settled with us around the table and Mari automatically sat beside him. The prince and her were whispering to each other...

"How was baby sitting the prince? I heard you met Namjoon?"

Yoongi gently nudged my side. I smiled at him and nodded.

"Sir Namjoon was so nice...he gave me some mu-munchkins."

Kyung-mi automatically reacted to what I said;

"Oppa?! Impossible."

She suspiciously eyed me.

I smiled at Kyung-mi,

"It is true, your highne-"

I tried to ask a little help from the prince by confirming that the other adviser indeed gave me a box of munchkins...but what welcomed my sight shushed me in an instance.

They were still talking to each other but the prince's lips were on Mari unnie's side neck. They didn't pay attention to us...to me.

"You have to get used to that, newbie."

Eun-ae muttered between a smile. I eyed Yoongi and he pressed his lips.

"I would like to excuse myself."

Yoongi nodded, I bowed to him and to everyone...also to the people who weren't paying attention. But what surprised me was when I was almost at the entrance of my house and Eun-ae called out. She followed me?...

"Hey."

I held Tata closer to me...

She stood in front of me. There was a huge difference in our height. Like Mari and Kyung-mi, either of them will look really good standing beside the prince because of their tall heights. They all have long pretty legs...while Miso was just a little taller than me, yet as gorgeous as the three.

"You're lucky the prince didn't see your face a while ago. He doesn't like jealous mistresses. He'll condemn you for days. So if you want him to still visit you, be cool about his open display of affection with Mari. Even though you had an alone romantic shit time with him for days, that doesn't guarantee anything. Don't expect to be the Apple of his eyes. Like honestly? It will always be Mari."

I slowly nodded in understanding.

But it hurts.

"So. Did you finally do it?"

My heart aches. I was so pre occupied of what she just said that she needed to pat my arm and repeat her question. I shook my head.

She chuckled in disbelief.

"You're doomed. You want to secure that spot? Make him sleep with you. It's been more than a month now since you arrived here newbie...and still not getting laid?"

I worriedly eyed her and I felt my cheeks burn at what she boldly pointed out.

But he never, not even once asked me to...he even asks permission when the he wants to kiss me. Does the prince not find me attractive like them?...

"Look. I don't like you, don't hate you either. I don't actually like anyone of you except Kyung-mi. But I'm concerned about you cause I heard Yoongi and his father talked about you. I know your secret."

Shocked, I felt a sudden swept of terror within me. That instantly, I found myself shaking.

"E-Eun-ae..."

She grimly eyed me.

"I know your parents are dead or something."

I waited for her to continue...

"I figured out you don't have anyone to go back to. So if you want to live a comfortable life for a few more years, at least, before the prince gets married secure your place. He can replace you anytime. I don't want to deal with another newbie around. Also beg him to label you with flowers. Your house looks sad, just like you. Try to fit in, because honestly? that prince is easily bored. He might find you adorable today and useless tomorrow. So while he's still fascinated with your 'innocence' take the opportunity to make requests to secure your spot. You hear me."

I sighed in relief...I thought she knew about me being a North Korean defector.

"So fix that facial expression. You're so easy to read. Learn to wear a facade."

I was about to give my thanks when she already turned around and strutted away in a quite elegant way.

What she just said made me really sad. I guess he just finds me entertaining but until when?...

When he tires of me, what's gonna happen to me?

"A Penny for your thoughts? Never had a sight of you here before. Are you the new mistress or are you a guest?"

Startled, I quickly gave the person a glance. I was too surprised that I quickly stepped back and bowed. The guy looked like some royalty as well.

Who is he? Just like the prince, he looks dashing and magnetic. But unlike prince Taehyung, this guy looks friendlier. I noted a royalty pin on his shirt and quickly bowed.

"C-Charlie your highness... I am the new mistress."

He gave me a charming smile.

"Charlie. What a nice name. Fancy meeting you."