Worthy ◇

•Charlie•

"Hello Hebe please join me..."

I simply smiled as the mistress in such a hesitant manner carefully sat on the chair just across the tea table. This is the first time that she agreed on joining me for breakfast. For how many invitations, she finally ran out of alibis. Rina, my assistant constantly told me about how insulting these refusals are, to my position. As the Korean prince's future wife, Rina carefully explained that I should press a mistress on her designated spot. Despite her polite address towards me, there were several times that she indirectly disgraced me. One is refusing my invitations whenever and second, always interrupting my time alone with the prince. I would like to believe Rina's speculation about her as silently competing against me. Like she knows she's ahead of me about a few things...

Proud. Just too proud.

She may be about 2 years younger than me, but I could seriously see a concealed defiance and and her forced polite manner.

"I'm glad you have time now to join me. It'll be better if we'll get to know more about each other. Don't you think."

She half smiled. But a smile that says;

'Yeah right.'

She had a sip from her cup and eyed me.

"I am very careful about Talking about myself. I'm not some open book like you, your majesty."

I quickly noted what she means. She didn't want Rina being around. I gave Rina a nod and a knowing look... sharp gazes reached the mistress before my meticulous assistant left my side.

Rina silently left.

"I heard you like cookies. Here have some."

She mockingly smiled at me which didn't surprise me at all. I knew it... a brat. I struggled to contain myself. I'm older and she's young.

I gave her a stern smile which I have never done to anyone before.

"Why are you making friends with your future husband's mistress, princess?... Usually, at this point you should despise me or you'll make sure not to see me around. I think the rumors are true then...you're too nice. Too much that it's so annoying and stupid...such a hypocrite."

Her attack was quite appalling but I remained composed. I will not let this brat get away from this.

"I think you should be more delighted that I'm making friends with you, Hebe. If I choose to dis acknowledge your position here, then you know what can possibly happen..."

I saw how my words hit her and so I continued;

"What can a rude commoner like you can do... my future husband won't certainly choose you over me."

I'm shaking deep inside. I don't argue with anyone...😣 but she forced me to. I'm nice but I'm not stupid!

She chuckled in disbelief at what I said and in such a cocky manner, crossed her arms and eyed me;

"I'm not a commoner your highness. I hold a strong linkage to this family. I'm a distant relative and a great granddaughter to the ancient royals of Gwangju. Don't take me as a commoner princess...we're equal here. You're just bound to be the wife."

I felt my blood rush in my head. I've never felt so annoyed in my life... not even to that fake princess who almost ruined my life.

I forced a beautiful smile and narrowed my eyes.

"How bold it is of you to compare Austria to a piece of land, commoner. I am not a distant relative or just some great grand daughter of a historical and already non existing royalty. I am Seo-ah Ischgl of Austria. Second heiress to the throne...and who are you again? "

It took me a lot of courage as I released an insult. I thought of Avalanche and the way he spits fire whenever aggravated...and it actually worked! 😐😔

I'm not a bad person...its just that she's provoking me to do it.

I saw how my words angered the mistress. Her eyes were a pair of daggers and any moment she would surely give me a worse come back.

She stood and leaned closer to me...still with her sharp eyes.

"You have no idea, your highness... also, you cannot easily dismiss me from this family. They're the ones who took me here. For a reason you don't want to know. Don't be so arrogant and rub all that royal shit on me...cause admit it or not, you'll be needing me. You don't know how worthy I am to them. You're just a title. "

She sarcastically chuckled, took one cookie and bit it.

While I internally cry to what she said which I wasn't able to decipher, she leisurely finished a cookie while I was being held under her scrutiny.

I don't want her in our lives... especially now that I know how mortifying she is.

"Oh, cat caught your-"

Suddenly wasn't able to finish her sentence...she coughed...and continuously coughed that she appeared to be catching her breath. I stood from my chair and quickly called Rina and the servants' attention. I panicked so hard that I went to her as she collapsed on the floor, still gasping for air like she's choking.

I don't understand what happened.

"R-Rina, let's take her to a hospital! What's wrong with her??"

My assistant Rina didn't answer and quickly told servants to call the palace doctor and an ambulance.

Hebe was turning blue she couldn't breathe;

I couldn't help but cry, I don't know what's going on... suddenly I wanted the prince by my side.

The palace doctor arrived and quickly took Hebe away... after a while, the prince came.

"What happened?!...are you okay?"

He held me and I buried my face in his chest. I didn't respond but I'm shaking.

"Yoongi, let me know what happened. I'll take Charlie to her quarters. She's terrified."

He rubbed my shoulders.

"Sweetheart, let's go. You're shaking...tell me what happened."

I nodded and allowed him to take me away from the place.

Is Hebe sick?... I hope she's okay.

•◇•