Worries ◇

•Taehyung•

"So you came all the way from Russia just to pick up Charlie and escort her to Austria."

He nodded as he chew on a grape while eyeing me with such judgemental eyes.

"Does Seokjin knew about this?"

He shrugged;

"No but he will. Imma about to redeem myself. I need to talk to him too."

At the last part of his sentence his face turned stern. My gut told me something... I'm sure it isn't about the little snowball inside his girlfriend's womb but something more serious. A drifting look even bothered me more.

"Yah. You okay? How's the Russian imperial? Everything good..."

What I asked and how he reacted absolutely gave me a glimpse of what's actually bothering him at the moment. He crossed his arms and sternly eyed me as if deliberating whether to tell me or not.

"How would you take on betrayal. As a prince, aside from treason, how do you punish a person who instilled a false belief within you."

I was a bit taken aback. Who could possibly betray the notorious Russians. Are they crazy?!

"Who. How. I mean who is it? Someone from the family?...a neighboring country? An official? Council? The regent? Who??"

He shifted his weight and sarcastically chuckled;

"Worse than that. All I can say is that whatever he's up to, I'll see to it that he won't succeed. Do or die. I just need to put the pieces together...who would've thought that someone's coming back from the dead. Yah. If something happens to me, take care of my parents. Also, I'll be leaving an heir to my position. Protect them."

What Avalanche said completely alarmed me. 

"Y-yah. What are you saying?... "

"It's not a secret that the rebels against the Russian royals painfully grew into large numbers. I'm silently investigating on the recent deaths that were pointed on us. I needed to be really careful because a traitor is present in my legion. A very good traitor. Every fucking royal downfall starts with the people they trust. It's real and it's happening."

I felt how arduous these things are. Russia is the giant that he will solely rule a few years from now. I know he can do it but I'm terrified of the idea that he can be outnumbered by people who want to see him falter. Avalanche is a threat basically to everyone who go against the Russian royal family. He knows what he wants and needs to do. Being impulsive is just one of his grim characteristics that put every citizen behind their given boundary. That's why he is a major topic among the older royals. They said that he was like his great grandfather, King Alexander II, feared, a beautiful ruler with a half black heart. He ruled Russia with an iron fist and solemnity.

That for the longest time, a new ruler with same head as the infamous  monarch will take a century old diadem on his head which is completely different from what his father had taken.

I heard from father that JK is to be proclaimed King as resolved by the royal council. Something that a strong country can proclaim regardless of protocols and royal rules. He didn't need to marry a pure royal or not even marry at all to be king.