Kidnapped ◇

Taehyung

"So you're telling me that you're not really sick and you want me to put up an alibi so you can be excused from your royal duty. Is that right?"

*childish cute pout*

My grandfather gave me an odd look then sighed in resignation.

"You're not a lazy kid. Now I wonder...is it the new mistress?"

I gave him my famous boxed smile which he always find quite irresistible.

"You've never missed a very important royal obligation for something trivial before, Taehyung. But I do understand that you are young and of course, easily swayed. You will be 23 by the end of the year...and I'm telling you that taking over your father's position, is no child's play. Also my prince, you need to put a boundary between you and your mistresses. Remember, you are to wed a royalty as the family no longer welcomes commoners, to keep the bloodline strong. If you are to keep a mistress, of course it is your choice which one. As discussed, you will keep only one. Also..."

I looked at my grandfather whose eyes seriously laid on me.

"You are to choose between the first four who came here. The fifth one is not part of your choices. Even if you are to keep a sixth, a seventh...still, you can only choose among OUR chosen ones. The prime minister's niece, The top telecommunication company's only daughter. The Global Asiana CEO's niece and the diplomat's daughter. "

I flinched;

"What about Charlie??"

I saw my grandfather's jaw tightened up.

"That kid has a weak background. We cannot allow you to be associated with her once you get married. Do not ask any further. That is my decision and it is final."

"B-but grandpa..."

"You can be with her as long as you're not married. But she will definitely not stay here. Unless I offer her another position in the palace which is out of your concern. That child is..."

My grandfather's words trailed off.

"Okay. You can go now. Rest assured that I will notify your parents and the queen of England regarding your absence. But do not do this again. Are we clear?"

I just smiled and bowed to my grandfather. I left his quarters, shoulders down.

I can't choose Charlie...and what will happen to her once I get married? That idea alone aggravates me. There must be some way I can keep her.

A way for me to be allowed to choose her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a servant who politely informed me that tea is served and Charlie is already there, waiting. Just hearing her name drew a smile on my face. I was a bit annoyed earlier when she skipped lunch and made a stupid alibi.