Dinner

Demi POV

Rylie looked over the banister.

" We just want to talk baby."

Hesitant, she came downstairs and started fiddling with her fingers. That was a sign she was hiding something.

" I was just curious, but when was the last time you ate?"

Rylie's POV

' You better not tell her the truth! You are doing so well.'

' You need help. It's just going to get worse.'

" I ate at lunch with Ashley."

" Ry, I don't believe you."

" Well darn, because it's the truth." I looked down and started playing with my nail beds.

" Ry, I know what its like. Just remember I'm here for you. "

' You were NOT here when I needed you the most!'

' You have never been here for me, and you never will. So don't try and understand!'

' You think you know what I'm going through?! Wrong! It's a war inside my head and it WONT stop!'

" I know mom. You've captured and saved so many lives with your story. I know. I got it. Can I go now? "

" You can go after you eat dinner with us."

I rolled my eyes and sat down waiting for my dad to bring the pizza.

' Pizza, good. It's easy to purge.'

"Mmm! Yummy!" I said trying to convince my mom I was fine.

Demi's POV

Rylie tried so hard to convince me she ate regularly. Everytime she went in for a bite, she would stir up a conversation that no one continued. She took two bites and I could tell she was uneasy. " I'm done." She said

Shaking my head, " no you're not. You need to finish the pizza."

"Too bad, I'm not eating it. Like I told you before, I ate a big lunch before practice and I'm still full! So just drop it! I'm full, and I'm not eating anymore."

That shocked me, I've never seen her so upset. She got up threw her plate in the trash and stormed upstairs. "Come back down here!" I choked holding back tears. "why?! Do you think I'm going to purge? I'm not you! As much as you want to think I am you, I'm not! I am Rylie Rebecca Lovato! Not Demetria Devonne Lovato! I'm not you mom! " She slammed her door and locked it. I turned to look at wilmer and he was standing there with his arms extended. I went towards his hug. "She is right baby. She isn't you. You have taught her to accept her body and herself. You taught her how to be strong. Believe in your parenting, she is fine."

Softly crying in Wilmer's chest, I looked up, " I know she is hiding something. She acts the way I did when I was going through everything. Did you see her snap? She has NEVER done anything like that and now she just snaps?"

"She probably snapped because you kept pushing babe."

"Are you taking her side?!"

"No! I'm just saying, you were being a little overwhelming..."

" That's my que to leave! I need to calm down before I say something I will regret!" I said as I grabbed my keys and slammed the front door.