A Bitter Taste (24)

Start from the beginning

Minutes passed of his furious movements and her eagerly receiving form. She opened her eyes, shouting his name as she felt his teeth sink into the flesh of her neck. She burst, shaking with tremors and shivers, the kind that made her skin tingle with awareness. She sighed in bliss and kissed his cheek, not knowing how she could ever express her appreciation.

Her watched her, and she loved how his pale cheeks were red with a blush that got her all hot and bothered. She smirked at him and lifted off of him. Making sure his eyes were on her-which they always were, smoldering, analyzing, studying with a personal, intimate kind of attention-she kicked her pants all the way off, and pulled her shirt over her head. Next was the sports bra.

"I need a shower." She turned, putting more sway in her hips with a pounding and excited heart. She smiled to herself when she heard his soft but frustrated growl.

Aeress knew she was teasing him as she left the bathroom door open and proceeded to get in the shower. The water felt nice and warm, she only liked hot showers when she was on her period or when she was sick.

Only a few seconds passed before she sensed his eyes ravishing her naked, dripping physique.

His voice was deepened, resembling more animal than man. "Aeress, we need to talk, please."

She rinsed off her body and began to use the soap that smelled so good. "Hey, I didn't start this. I was just sitting on your lap and you had to do... that. Fine, what do you want to talk about?" She was quick to scrub the remaining sweat off her body, doing the same with her hair.

He was quiet, and she would be lying if she didn't admit that she liked him watching her all the while she showered.

A couple minutes passed in silence, and the tension was building just as it always did between them. But she didn't mind torturing him and finished her shower with a sluggish pace.

Right as she was finishing rinsing herself off, she felt his hand take a hold of her bicep. She twisted her head just in time to meet his lips. He kissed her fiercely and claimed her in a matter of seconds.

And then he pulled away, growling and shaking his head. "Put some clothes on. Meet me in the bedroom, I need to talk to you."

She frowned, but let him walk off. She threw her hair in a tight bun on her head, knowing the knots she most likely created would cause her great regret later. Then she wrapped herself in a comfortable robe as she had no clothes.

When she stepped out of the bathroom, she noted his rigid posture. He sat at the couch, looking unsure of where he wanted to place his hands, so he leaned forward with his forearms on his knees. His jaw was set as were his ocean eyes.

Her head felt a little more clear with some distance between them, so she stood where she was and stayed there. She crossed her arms. "Alright, Warrick, I'm listening."

His lips tightened into a frown. "I have received new information that has... changed certain circumstances."

Her eyebrow raised. "New information? Circumstances?"

He sighed and sprung to a stance. He paced a few, short, measured steps. "Yes. I'm telling you this, because things are going to change. It is not going to be easy, but there is no other way."

She played with the tie on her robe. "What's going to happen?" She wished he would stop beating around the bush.

He stopped his pacing to look at her straight on. "This can't happen anymore. What happened just now, it comes to an end now."

Her heart plummeted. "Are you breaking up with me?" Not that they were boyfriend and girlfriend, but it sure seemed like he was breaking up with her.