"So?"

"So, will you go on a date with me?" he asks, hopeful.

"No," I immediately say.

"Great, are you available this Satur–" He suddenly pauses and his smirk disappears when my reply sinks in. "Wait... Did you... Did you just say no?"

I guess Damien Clark has never been rejected before.

Oh ho ho, now I feel touched.

"I declined, yes," I say. 

He drops his hand to his side, his eyes widening. I try to hide a smile that is threatening to show.

Gosh, he did not expect me to reject him at all!

"You didn't even stop to consider," he says.

"Didn't need to. My answer is a definite no."

He crosses his arms.

"Dorothy, did you hear me right? That you're the first girl I asked to go on a date with?"

"Yes I did. I'm not deaf."

"Then go on a date with me."

"No, thank you."

"Please?"

Did he just say please? Wow, I'm good.

"Nope."

He clenches his jaw, all hints of friendliness disappear from his face.

"Why are you not giving me a chance?"

"Because whenever I see you, all I see is this massive ego in the form of a spoilt human being that gets on my nerves all the time!"

He narrows his crystal eyes at me.

"I am nothing like that. If you go out with me, I can prove it to you that I am nothing like how you have just described me. I have been told countless times that I am quite a gentleman."

"You don't have to prove anything to me."

He runs his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"One date, that's all I'm asking for. Just. One. Date."

"And my answer is the same," I say. "No."

"I can prove it to you that I'm not spoilt!" he finally snaps.

The corner of my lips tugs upwards.

"Damien, right now you're clearly acting spoilt. You asked me to go on a date with you, I declined. You're now becoming persistent and throwing a petty tantrum."

"I'm not throwing a petty tantrum!" he snaps again.

Rolling my eyes, I lean back against the tree and look at him with a deadpan face. Realising what he has just done, he clears his throat and looks away.