Chapter One : Knight In Shining Armor

CHAPTER ONE

***

A young boy in his eighteen years of living soon wakes up by the sound of the 'annoying' alarm clock, as other teenager thinks. But to this young boy, he thinks of it as his cue to leave his nightmares that's all in his head once he falls asleep.

Park Jimin, or more known as the 'Homosexual Jimin', as the people in his neighborhood nicknamed him.

As you may have noticed, being homosexual, or 'gay' to be exact, was an absolute dishonor. You see, every one person that lived in his neighborhood were, 'straight' and 'normal' people, which made the neighborhood earn its current name as 'No-Homo Neighborhood.'

If they find out you're one of those 'abnormal people', they either bully you till you're forced to leave the neighborhood, or they humiliate you.

For Jimin's case, he's suffering both. Even in his own home, his own parents humiliate him, telling him 'he should straighten up, like a man' or 'you're just experiencing a phase 'cause you don't have friends'. Rough life, right?

Enough with this introduction, let's move on and learn Jimin's life.

He wakes up, sweat falling down to his already drenched pillow, as he breath heavily. His heart was pounding fast inside him, as if it'll explode sooner or later.

Sitting up, he felt cold and sick. But being sick wasn't enough of an excuse for Jimin to be absent in school. In fact, he hates being absent.

He cupped with his small right hand his big round glasses that was neatly placed on his nightstand the night before, before sighing in relief that he didn't misplace it.

Jimin stumbles towards his dented wooden dresser as he randomly pulled out clothes he'll be wearing for the day.

Filling the tub with warm water, he leaned against the counter as he tried to collect himself. He heard a knock from his bedroom door, which made him scurry towards it, and opened it frantically.

"Woah, calm down, Jimin! What's got you so agitated early in the morning?" His only friend and best friend, slash sibling, Park Jihyun, stood before him with a surprised look as he eyed his older brother up and down,

"N-Nothing... Thought you were d-dad..." The latter looked down, as he felt himself getting dizzy,

"Well, it's just me. Just wanna let you know that breakfast's ready, so better hurry up, okay?" The latter weakly nodded as he closed the door again, leaving to go to his bath.

Breakfast went by fast and uncomfortable. His father kept making remarks about how proud he was at Jihyun for being 'straight' and 'not a dishonor to the family' and 'the only normal son'.

The blonde latter struggled to keep his tears in, feeling sad and ashamed of himself and his situation.

I wish I was just normal.

to be continued...