13

NO ONE'S POV

Hyun Jae drove to Mingles as Changbin sat in the passenger's seat uncomfortably. He never looked at Hyun Jae. Only out the window, the entire ride. When they arrived, they were one of the four groups there. They took a seat and ordered their food. 

________________________________________________________________________________

HYUN JAE'S POV

Hyun Jae

So, what is on your mind?

Changbin

Who is that Mark guy?

Hyun Jae

Like Daeun said, her childhood friend. I know him from another group labeled under JYP entertainment. He seems nice when I met him a while back from BamBam. If I know Mark, he doesn't like Daeun like that. I can see where you are coming from though. I'll keep an eye out.

Changbin

Thank you, JJ.

Hyun Jae

Anything for my best friend. Meogja.

Changbin and I ate, then headed home. When we arrived, Daeun was at their door. I sighed and Changbin walked past Daeun. Daeun grabbed his wrist but I removed her hand. Changbin unlocked the door and went into the apartment, leaving Daeun with me. 

Hyun Jae

Yaegihaja.

________________________________________________________________________________

DAEUN'S POV

When Changbin left earlier, it seemed something was on his mind. I headed to his apartment and waited. He finally arrived and was laughing with Hyun Jae. I forgot she lives here. He looked at me and I smiled at him. His face turned cold, along with Hyun Jae's. I tried to stop Changbin from walking past me but before I could say anything Hyun Jae grabbed my arm. As Changbin walked inside the apartment, Hyun Jae turned me towards her.

Hyun Jae

Yaegihaja.

Let's talk? Talk about what?

Hyun Jae

I know about what went down with you and Mark. He doesn't love you like that. Let him go! You have someone else. This is disgusting behavior.

I just scoffed at her. Jinja?

Daeun

What the hell are you talking about? I'm here for my boyfriend.

Hyun Jae

Just know, I know everything. I could so easily tell him. I know your mothers past too. Don't become like her or our father, because you might as well be in the same place as him right now.

She said that with no emotion. She was so cold. She didn't even bat an eye. How the hell did she find out about Mark? What the hell did my mother do?

________________________________________________________________________________

HYUN JAE'S POV

I didn't mean to bring up her mother but I had to. I couldn't see her take after her mother's actions of openly sleeping with a new guy every night. I can't just stand by and watch her slowly turn into my father. I'm not gonna let anything happen to Changbin and I have to help Mark. MARK! I called him as I walked into the apartment.

Hyun Jae

I think I finally just through a little. I accidentally brought her mother up and concern grew on her face. You need to tell it to her face Mark. I did and she wasn't really affected by it. I can't help this anymore. I tried but you need to tell her. 

Mark

You know I can't do that to her.

Hyun Jae

Well, you are gonna have to Mark! Namja dabge!

Mark

Fine! I'll figure something out! Gomabseubnida. 

Hyun Jae

Munje eobs-eo.

I hung up the phone and plopped down on my bed. Soon I fell asleep and woke up to a text. I groaned and rolled around until I found my phone. 

Hyun Jae

Aigoo. I need to put my phone on the nightstand. I could have made a fire.

I looked down and realized I was still in my clothes from last night and there were no blankets on me.

Hyun Jae

Aish. This can't be healthy.

I groaned again and finally looked at my phone. "I'll come to the studio today and tell her." I sat up and repeated the text in my head. I was confused and then I looked at the contact name. "Mark." I slapped myself in the head and fell back down. I quickly texted an "alright" back and got up. Taking a shower, getting ready, and then heading to the studio.

 Taking a shower, getting ready, and then heading to the studio

Daeun sent a text in the group chat that she was gonna be late. I grabbed food for everyone finally arrived at the studio. We finished eating and practice started. Soon I went out with Mingi and we got Boba. As we walked out of the cafe, I heard a familiar voice. I peeked around the corner and saw Mark and Daeun. I came at the perfect time to hear what Mark was saying.

Mark

Daeun I really need you to focus on Changbin. I may be your first love but I don't love you like that. I have someone else.

Daeun

I get it. I did a lot of thinking last night and I realized I keep holding on. I realized I love you only as a friend now. I promise Changbin is the only thing on my mind now. I couldn't accept my feeling for Changbin because of my father. I was afraid of dating. I was afraid of getting close but I accept the fact that I am in love with him. I will not be like my father or my mother.

________________________________________________________________________________