Chapter 1: Minor Mistake, Major Problem

Start bij het begin

Yes I wore a mask; I couldn’t have people recognizing me after all. “I don’t imagine it is, Mister…” I trailed off as I gave him an obvious once over that was supposed to seem sensual. By all that is good I haven’t had to do this in awhile. What worried me the most though, was that this boy… no man was young; say maybe a year or two older than myself. I bit my lip while I appreciated his build. If it were under different circumstances I might actually be interested. I racked my brain to think who this could be. There wasn’t supposed to be anyone home.

How do I know this? Mr. and Madam Slington were off on doing business in the Moon Sea region. They had no children so who was this? Not to mention they were dwarves and this man was clearly a giant, I could tell just from his stature and dress, which was quiet fancy judging by his embroidered outer coat, he was clearly from wealth.

The man paused and tilted his head at me studying me in the same way I had him. For a moment I wondered how he saw me. Did he see the same leggy slim figure with obvious curves that I see when I look in the mirror, or my long hair that is neither red nor blond in a plated braid down my back? I tilt my head as I snap back to the present. I swung my leg over casually and let a small sly smile slip onto my face “Do you have a name or do I get to give you one?” I asked with feigned innocence.

 I sat on the wall poised to hop off; leaning slightly forward, after all men usually couldn’t seem to think straight near a girl in snug fitted leather, bigoted maggots.

He smirked at me his cigar case forgotten on wall caddy corner to my position. I made a mental note to grab one after I knocked him out.

“I’ll introduce myself after you do,” his attractive features playful as he checked me out again.

I grinned at him “Tsk, tsk tsk, I asked you first.”

He shook his head with a lopsided smirk.

“Well then Ciggy it is.” I slide off the wall and move gracefully closer glad that those stupid lessons on dance were actually useful for something, even if I did secretly enjoy them.

He raised an eyebrow seemingly unaware that I was getting closer to him. “Why on earth did you choose that?”

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Landscapes this boy is slow, he just became less attractive. I pushed a tolerant grin on my face as I swayed my hips subtly, stalking my prey and whispered huskily “You came out to smoke didn’t you Ciggy? Or did you have something else in mind…”

 I was but a foot away and moving closer looking up at him mischievously as I said the last part. I held back the vomit at the thought of what I was implying. The saddest part was I’d yet to run into a male that had seen through this little act yet. It was actually rather disturbing, what had happened to romance and love?

Ciggy swallowed reading the ‘subtle’ hint loud and clear. “W-well, now that you mention it why not?”

I was right in front of him now and I smelled the intoxication in his breath and it was evident in his slightly sluggish movements. Perhaps he wasn’t entirely stupid just drunk. Oh well neither was attractive.

 I grabbed his jacket smoothing my hands up on to his shoulders slowly. I went up on my tip toes and looked up at him and bit my lip as if in indecision. Then I put one hand behind his head grabbing it and pulling him down, moving as if I was going to go closer to his lips with mine. As if under a trance his eyes fell closed and at the very last second I nicked his neck with my ring and turned my head making him miss my face entirely. By the time he opened his eyes and blinked back to reality from the lustful haze he was, in the sleeping drug was taking affect.