CHAPTER 6 - One-Sided Crush

Start from the beginning

He then turned around and started walking ahead. "Let's go. I'll walk you home", he said.

"What? Wait!"

***

Dara's POV

Nope, this is not what I was expecting when I decided to go through the back gate. Walking home with Arden Lee, or Bullet, who is the current leader of the Fire 39 never crossed my mind.

After sending a text to Jiro that I went home early to cover up the mess that I've gotten myself into, I stole a glance at my unexpected savior. Bullet always has a smile on his face that makes him look like everyone's best friend.

"Is Ice Lord going to punch me because I walked you home?" he suddenly asked.

"Are you scared?"

"No, just curious."

"Curious of what?"

"Curious of your relationship with him. Curious of you", he replied and gave me a lingering look.

"There's nothing to be curious about", I said, focusing my gaze on my feet as we walked slowly. "And no, he won't hurt you. Why would he?"

Bullet did not press on. We both walked in silence for a while. "Namee told me you and Montecillo are a couple."

"That's not true!" I AM GOING TO KILL NAMEE!

"Really? Everybody in school thinks so too. And she said you kissed Ice Lord-"

"Don't listen to her!" I shrieked in astonishment. Seriously, that girl needs a lot of prayers because I'M GOING TO EAT HER LIVER! Gosh! I can't believe her!

I was plotting more sinister ways of murdering Namee when Bullet's boisterous laugh entered my ears.

"You're still cute even when you're angry", he said and pinched my cheeks. I rubbed the spot that he pinched and glared at him. "If you and Ice Lord are not a couple, why is he so protective of you?"

That question again. The question I'm dreading to hear. "He owes a lot to my father", I answered in a dispirited voice. "You really don't have to walk me home. I can manage from here."

"I insist", he said and darted his eyes around. "Montecillo is also from this neighborhood isn't he? What will he do if he sees us together?"

"He will glare at you. And then he will kill you", I joked.

He laughed and shoved his hands inside his pockets while glancing at me. "It's okay. My gang mates are already plotting my funeral the moment I told them that I'll walk you home."

I smiled and looked at him, studying his features. He's really not bad and is quite good looking, to be honest. I bet girls are throwing themselves on his feet with just one wink.

"Why are you staring? You're making me blush", he said while grinning at me.

"You really like girls, don't you?" I said with a slight smirk.

"Eww! No. Girls have cooties!" He exclaimed dramatically. I chuckled at his exaggerated expression. "Just kidding", he said and nudged my shoulder. "Namee also told me that you don't like me because I'm a flirt."

"Oh my gosh! Does her mouth ever stop moving?!" I exhaled furiously. "Don't listen to Namee, Bullet. That crazy woman believes in unicorns and leprechauns so her words don't have any merit at all."

"Don't be mad at Namee. We just happen to talk about it when I treated her at Starbucks."

I think I've consumed massive amount of energy denying the things that Namee told Bullet. I can't believe she sold my soul in exchange of a cup of Starbucks coffee!