61

kelseys pov
-vote and comment-

| tuesday january 19 7:21 PM |

"guys i have a confession" sam says standing up and moving to the middle of the living room, dragging stassie along with him. we all look at him and wait for him to announce to us what his confession was. "me and stassie are now dati-" "finally" we all groan as we cut him off. all of us laugh at or unison and look at sam and stassie smiling at us. they seemed super happy... well they always did they just never fully admitted their feelings so now they look even happier than before. i can't help but wonder if that's how jack and i were before we actually became something more than a fake couple.

later on down the road when people ask us how we met, telling them we were fake dating for revenge on our exes sure is something they've probably never heard of before.

"nate truth or dare" sahar says randomly and he laughs and shrugs. "dare obviously" he answers. sahars dares have always been the worst. i've had to streak all the way to the park down the street from her house and back. the worst part is that a car had passed me at nearly three in the morning. originally i had no worries about it because it was so late but as soon as i saw those headlights... my heart completely froze.

"i dare you to make out with madeline" she answers looking over at madeline who was blushing. I'm sure she only said that since we've all been trying to get her with him ever since the trip when we met her. theyd be a cute couple. maybe we could even get derek with kiara and it's a problem solved. no one in our group would be single so they can't complain about third wheeling.

"easy" he smirks and leans in and they start to make out. we all cheer them on until kiara pulls them apart since it started to get a little too heated. "damn" he says as he looks around the room for someone to pick. madeline mouths a quick thank you in sahars direction and she laughs giving her a thumbs up. "sammy truth or dare" he says and sammy shrugs. "truth" he answers and nate shakes his head. "pussy" he says trying to get a rise out of sam. he just flips him off and waits for nate to ask him something.

"why did it take so long for you to ask stassie out" he presses and stassie looks at him waiting for an answer. "not gonna lie. i was being a hoe. but anyways great talk. derek truth or dare" he shoots out quickly making us laugh and stassie nod in agreement.

sam in fact was being a hoe.

"i'm gonna go with you on that one and choose  truth" he says and nate shakes his head again. "you are all lame" he says making an L with his hand as we laugh at him. "hottest girl in the room" he asks and it falls quiet as we wait for dereks answer. "kelsey, hands down" he answers simply, shrugging, making my cheeks heat up and a pit of worry start to form in my stomach as jack tenses up and gets off the couch.

"What the fuck man" jack says and derek shrugs. "sam asked a question and i answered it honestly. i'm not going to lie" he says and jack laughs lowly. "you've been hitting on her ever since you met her and its starting to get old." jack admits and i start to stand up to stop whatever was about to happen but sahar pulls me back and pushes johnson up to do what i was going to do. "Last time i checked she wasnt a fucking item. if i think she's hot let me think she's hot besides it's not like i'm going to try to get her to cheat on you like your last girl did" he says standing up to be face to face with jack.

the words that he said hurt me and made me want to punch derek for jack. He used a big insecurity of jacks on him to put him down and it angered me. jack started to jump forward in derek's direction but johnson and nate hold jack back while sammy grabs on to derek. "watch your fucking mouth" jack says pointing to derek while nate and johnson still try to pull him back.

"jack come on let's go" i say standing up. i turn to sahar and lean down to hug her. "what are you going to do about it? i'm just speaking facts i mean... cindy did cheat on you right? not just with whatever the other guys name was... froy was it? i heard he got in a dilemma with his bitch because of it. but i hit too" derek brags making my stomach drop.

derek was not the guy or friend i thought he was. his words made me lose all respect for him.

when i turn around jack is on top of derek, punching him with no regret. Derek had no time to put a punch on since jack wouldn't give him a chance to. Derek finally gets one or two punches in hitting jack in his face but it was nothing compared to jacks beating before them. "oh shit" nate says and finally helps johnson pull jack off of derek and sammy grabs derek pushing him away from the area.

"what the fuck bro" sammy says to derek. i roll my eyes in his direction and look at jack. he looked absolutely pissed off. "come on jack let's go" i say but he continues to stand there and stare at derek. "jack seriously lets go" i say walking over to him and placing my hands on his chest causing him to snap out of his trance and look down at me. derek's punch had hit jacks mouth which did make it bleed but it wasn't anything i know jack couldn't handle. his once tense muscles instantly relaxed when he made eye contact with me and he nods. "Say some dumb shit like that again" jack spits in derek's direction one last time to get the last word like he had in all the fights i've witnessed him get in.

he grabs my hand and we start to walk out of stassies house and to the car. "i'll drive" i say and he shakes his head. "no i got it" he says and i stop in my tracks and he turns around to see what was wrong. "jack you're pissed, i'll drive.now give me the keys" i demand holding my hand out, knowing him driving right now wasnt the best idea. he gives in and he places the keys in my hand before walking over to the passenger side.

"are you mad at me?" he asks, i could feel his stare and you could hear the worry in his tone. i shake my head no. "he got what was coming. he got you with one of your insecurities and that's not something he should be proud of." i answer honestly.

"i didn't fight him because he said he slept with cindy. i don't give a fuck about that. he called you a bitch. i'm not going to let that slide. he's dumb as fuck saying some shit like that to my face" jack says and i laugh a little at how serious he was being. i honestly didn't catch the part about him calling me a bitch until jack had reminded me. i doubt derek knew i was frogs girlfriend at the time but it still doesn't change the fact that he said it.

"well thank you" i say not knowing how else to answer. "i promised you that i wouldn't let froy or anyone else talk to you like that a long time ago and i'm going to hold that promise" he says making me remember the day froy had tried to call me dumb but jack turned around and punched him.

"i'm sorry you had to see me like that though. i hate it when you see me like that" he sighs looking out the passenger sides window. "jack that's part of a relationship. seeing you at your best and at your worst. I'm just glad your okay. you're okay right?" i ask as we stop at the red light. he lets out a small chuckle. "hell yeah i'm alright. he only punched me twice" he says starting to become proud of his win because of my words. i playfully roll my eyes and look in his direction causing him to kiss my cheek quickly before i begin to drive again.

oof idk about this chapter but let's see how it goes.

keep up the votes and comments!! i love all the feed back! you guys are amazing! tysm!