17

-vote and comment-
-kelsey's pov-

| tuesday september 12 6:57 PM |

"hi sweetie,it's great to see you" katherine says when she opens her front door. "jacks up in his room"she adds opening the door wider for me to come in. "thank you, it's great seeing you too" i say making a smile appear on her face. "how has school been" she asks me trying to engage in conversation. "it's been hard but i'm actually enjoying it" i say thinking about how jack, johnson, sammy and stassie have added to mine and sahars fun. "Im glad to hear that, we already ate dinner but there is left overs if your hungry. make yourself at home" she informs me and i smile. "i already had dinner but thank you" i tell her and begin walking up the stairs hearing jacks voice the further i get up them.

i open his door and see him hunched over with a play station controller in his hand and his eyes glued to the screen. he glances over at me as i shut the door then refocuses on the game before he takes a longer look at me.

"are those my shorts?" he asks smiling letting go of the controller with his left hand while his right hand held on to it loosely. "hey you left them at my house" i say shrugging.

when we had gone swimming last week he left them in my room after changing into his swim shorts and i never returned them because one, they're extremely comfortable and two, i like to bug him.

"i didn't know you were still coming or i wouldn't have been playing" he says referring to his play station. "you can still play" i say shrugging my shoulders as i lay down on the end of his bed next to where he was sitting. "yeah but then you would be bored, i don't wanna be that guy" he explains and i laugh. "we don't always have to do the same thing, we can hang out and do separate things... it's okay i don't mind" i tell him getting a sigh from him. "well i mean you could play with me?" he suggests and making me lift my eyebrows up.

"me? i'll probably suck" i say since i've never played before. "so i'll go easy on you" he tells me as he stands up and walks over to his tv to grab the other controller next to it. "here" he says handing it to me. i take it and hold it how he was after i move to sit next to him.

he explains to me how the mortal combat game works and all the different characters there are for me to choose from. he seemed to be excited that i was playing with him so there was not backing out now.

"how do i know which buttons to hit" i say looking over at him. "just hit random ones" he says shrugging and i sigh shaking my head. "this is my first time ever doing this so go easy" i tell him. "you never played with froy?" he asks and i laugh. "froy would never let me touch his games" i say.

he acted like they were a forbidden fruit and his one job was to protect them.

"Prick, but let's play" he says pressing start.

as soon as it says go we both start fighting agains each other.

he was beating me of course the first round but then i got the hang of it. "ha i'm kicking your ass" i say smiling as he focuses on the game even harder like he was really trying.

when i finally beat him he looks over at me and i hold the same smile. he stands up in front of me looking down making me start to worry about what he was going to do.

suddenly his hands meet my waist and he starts tickling me. i instantly start to laugh really hard. "jack" i say laughing.

i fall off the bed with him hovering above me with his hands next to each side of my face holding him up.

we both don't move we just hold our smiles as we try to catch our breath, holding eye contact. slowly he started to lean it not breaking the eye contact. i close my eyes feeling him getting closer to my face causing my heart beat to speed up quickly.

"jack honey, here's your laun"

"i'll come back later" she says cutting her self off. we both realize what was about to happen and get off of each other.

were we really about to kiss.

was i going to let him kiss me.

if he did kiss me it probably would have been to just get cindy off of his mind or something in that category.

"I um, i have to go get my laundry" he says slowly as he looks at me. his cheeks were a bright red, i can't even imagine how mine look from how hot they feel right now.

i nod watching him exit the room while my heart continues beating fast.

that really almost happened.

it was probably just in the moment.