Awkward Call

Jiya POV :

I groaned in the bed realising that today is Monday.

Mondays are the best. Note the sarcasm.
Reluctantly I woke up and entered the bathroom. After completing my morning routine, I had my bath and came out and offered Subah prayer. And then I picked my phone. Just scrolled through my phone. I made my bed meanwhile and go to kitchen. And then after somtime I was running to catch my bus. My mother was yelling for being late. I had nothing to do even then I will have to run. And I board the bus and sat and plugged ear phone. It was not so far but I feel like plugging and listening it.

Side seat-music-impossible dreams... Ooh that's heaven.

After sometime, I reached my college. And I looked upto the 3rd floor from the ground. I mentally graoned. I've to reach there.
Class started. And it was going on in its flow. And after the second hour, we had a small break of 5 minutes. Then my 2 muskeeters came and surrounded me with me a spill-everything look. I knew I can't escape from them. So Linsha and Shemi was waiting for the details. I decided to play along.

"What are you guys looking at?" I asked them maintaining a blank face.

"Aaahh... Don't slap. I'll say everything. " The instant I asked them, they began to slap me without any mercy.

"Then what are you waiting for, spit it out. " My chubby Linsha said.

Linsha was little chubby as I would say. But she herself think like she has grown an extra body.

And then I gave every single details of yesterday's events and the decision and everything. And I was like continuing my talk and looked upto them, they'd already started singing the song for me to the entire class. And it could hear in the entire floor. Everyone looked at me as I had grown a pair of horns in my head. I face palmed and run towards them to shut their mouth.

And then sir came to the class. I was so happy of that. And the class began. I was listening to the class by scribbling something in my notebook. Suddenly I feel like my phone is vibrating. I looked inside my bag and found an unknown number calling me. I rejected the call and came back to business. And then once again the same number called me.

Who the hell is calling me? Why can't they understand that I am busy when I rejected the first call? I frowned.

I decide to reject the call. And then I heard the entire class laughing. I was looking at the phone so that I couldn't catch that joke.

I looked upto Shemi to ask what is happening. And then sir asked me, "Where are you Mehak? You seem like you are not here. "

"I.. -" Before I could answer Linsha cut me off.

"Sir yesterday her marriage fixed. She must be dreaming about him."

Thanks Linsha! Sir was laughing at me. And I smiled awkwardly at him and glared towards her to which she sticked out her tongue.

After sir left the class, I jumped on her and slap and pinched her. And then we started to eat our lunch. The lunch time are the best. We would fight for dushes, sharing and the happiness, the silly complaints...

After college I'll definitely miss this.

After lunch I decided to take my phone out and scrolled through whatsapp and instgram. I was not a fan of either, but I used it. And then I remembered about the phone call which caused that super awkwardness at the class. Feeling angry I dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" It doesn't look like they were waiting for my call.

"Hello. Someone had called me fron this number twice. What do you want? " I asked politely.

"Who are you? This is my number and I haven't called anyone." He, the person rudely replied.

What the hell! How rude.

"Just check your call log then Mr. I don't have any passion for calling strangers. " I snapped back rudely.

I too know speak rudely Mr. I rolled my eyes.

"Ah.. Wait are you Jiya Mehak? I'm Emir. Inaya was taking my phone. I knew she would do something like that. " He said changing his rude tone to a jerk tone.

Emir. Holy crap. What should I do now. My mind went blank now.

"I. Ohhkay.. " I was stuttering.

"Now you're stuttering. Where is that tigress who snapped at me seconds ago? So you know to speak. I thought you are dumb. " He was saying and I could see the smirk through this phone too.

I was beyond angry. "I'm not dumb. I know how to speak. Why did you say yes if you thought I was dumb? " I asked him in an irritated tone.

He is a complete jerk. Why did I say yes yesterday.

And then Linsha came into the scene and asked who it is. I mouthed Emir to her and she was smiling mischievously at me.
Linsha and mischievousness. Something's going wrong on her mind.

"Cool down my tigress. I think it's better to say directly why I said yes. You don't have to wait longer for that my.. " The phone was taken from my grip before I could hear him fully.

"Aah. She was not keeping mum. We are tired of hearing about you from her mouth. She is totally whipped. She was caught day dreaming about you. " Linsha was taking control. And Shemi was holding my hands.

Great plan friends.

I somehow get out of Shemi's hold and started to take the phone. "Linsha gave me phone back now! I'll kill you. " I was screaming. I was not paying attention to what she was saying to him. All I know is that everything will be exaggeration and made up lies.

"Oh! Cool babe. Talk to your prince. We'll give you privacy. Come on Shemi. " She gave me the phone back smirking at me. I glared her taking the phone back and mouthed I'll show you.

I could hear Emir's small chuckle from the other side of the phone. I don't know how to respond.

"She was lying. " I said to him angrily.

"Cool down my tigress. Don't kill her. " He said coming back to the jerk tone.

So he knows to laugh to them. And to me that jerk tone. How nice of you. I am totally trapped. Thanks to Henna!

"I'm not yours. " I snapped.

"Are you sure tigress?" He asked me.

"And I'm not any tigress. I'm Jiya Mehak. Call me either Jiya or Mehak. " I said.

"Sure tigress. " And then he cut my call not waiting for my respond.

He is a complete jerk. Who he think he is.

And then I go back to class. And reached my home. Little do I know something bigger than the call was waiting for me in my home.

Emir POV :

Jiya Mehak. She is something. Yesterday she was so embarrassed when I caught her checking me out. But she doesn't utter any word. And I heard she mumbling jerk. I was laughing inside but I kept the blank face. I feel so attracted towards her. I was not really interested when Shaneem said about the proposal. But umma insisted and I couldn't deny her. I loved her reaction when Adam asked her whether she liked me.

And today's call. Inaya must've called her. She was really like a tigress. I was so surprised hearing her voice. Then when her friemd took the phone and blabbered something. She was teasing my tigress. And I clearly enjoyed that. She was beyond annoyed. I could imagine how she blushes. I donno whether she realized or not yesterday she was blushing a lot.

When 2 days ago Shaneem said I laughed at him. But today I was being engaged to this girl.
Her smile. Yesterday I felt like kiss her pink lips senselessly. Oh God! I'm whipped.

_______________________________________________

A/N

Do comment your opinions and do vote for me.
So what do you think about Emir and Jiya?
Lemme know your opinions about them.