-•- 6 -•-

~*~ 6 ~*~

"This is the place!"

Huh. I didn't see this coming.

I guess expectation vs reality really does happen. I was actually looking forward to going through some super secret door of some sort.

"Why do you look so disappointed?" Mark looked at me with a worried expression. Making it sound like I was a five year old that didn't like her present on Christmas Day.

"I don't know, I may or may not have wanted to go through secret doors or solve puzzles for passwords or any kind of cliché stuff people read in books." I said as I stared at the awfully big black steel gates that are standing between us and the biggest auction to be held, possibly till about two years later.

Mark flashed the envelope at the person guarding the outside the gate. After a few moments, the steel gates had opened waiting for the car to enter the polished ground on the other side.

"Make sure you have your gadgets and sensors on. It's almost showtime." Gray being the caring mom he is, reminded everyone that we weren't here for a party. We were here to get more information on Dethla and Cara.

"The auction starts at 6:00 o'clock. I'll call 20 minutes before to ensure that all of you will be present.

Especially you." He stared at me and I knew what was running inside that head of his.

"You have been hidden for more than six years. When it comes to publicity, it was always someone else who faces the cameras. Considering the Azure Mafia is the most powerful of them all, even more than the president, we have been at the top since you lead the business.

Though our team is specially made to help you and be with you, you have been leading Twilight and Azure in the shadows ever since. Tonight will be the night that you would finally sit on your throne with everyone watching. I'm sure you wouldn't bail on me now would you?"

I raised my brow at him. Seriously?

"In those six years I had managed to keep Azure at the top and I doubt that would change any time soon.

Tonight they meet their queen."

With the boys behind her, the doors opened and the lively party had stopped to stare in awe. Nobody compared.

She flaunted a fiery red, body-hugging long gown, with an extremely high, revealing slit.

It was embroidered with thousands of monochromatic red crystals that glinted and gleamed as she walked.

She wore a glossy filigree half eye mask embedded with red and black rhinestones.

On her alluring eyes, smokey eye shadow with her long curly lashes made it almost impossible to look away.

Lastly, her lips. They were red. The kind of red that turns heads and ignites the innermost desires of many.

It screamed Power

Elegance

Confidence

Beauty

Everyone felt it. The Queen is here.

~*~

(•-•) ~ The gown I got the inspiration from was Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray's Lava gown.

So sorry I'm really bad at describing things. The mask was the one in the picture below.

^v^

^v^