Chapter 13 : Questions

"Yes. Is something wrong?"

"We've got some questions we'd like to ask you regarding the incident in the restaurant about a month ago."

"Oh yeah, when should I go?"

"Tomorrow would be fine."

"Okay, I can go after my doctors appointment. Did you find the person responsible?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mrs. Chalamet."

"It's not... yes sir, see you tomorrow." She hung your the phone and placed her hand over her mouth to try and cover up a sob.

"Hey hey hey hey. What's wrong? Who was that?" Tom asked, rushing to her side.

"It was the detective. He's got some questions for me."

"All right. I'll go with you." Tom reassured.

"H-he... He called me... he called me Mrs..." another sob broke out. Tom realized what she was trying to say and held her tighter. "I-I'm ... I'm not... we never... we'll never..."

Tom's heart broke at the sight of her, seeing her in so much pain that she could even form sentences.

"Shhh. I know. I understand. It's okay. I'm here. It's going to be okay."

Tom picked her up and carried her to his bedroom, setting her down on his bed. He pulled the covers over her and grabbed one of the pillows and the blanket at the foot of the bed and extended it on the floor.

"Can you lay with me?" She whispered with tears still streaming down her face.

Tom looked over at her and nodded. "Of course."

He folded the blanket and placed it back where he got it and put his pillow on the bed, getting under the covers. She leaned up against him and he wrapped his arms around her as tears soaked his shirt.

"I'm here." He whispered as she fell asleep.

Y/n woke up with Tom's arms still wrapped around her. She snuggled up into his neck and he let out a groan.

"Please don't." He mumbled.

"Sorry." She whispered, pulling away to get up.

"No. Don't go. I didn't mean that as go away. It's just uhm." He gave a pointed look down and she gave him a confused look.

"What?" She asked.

Tom ran a hand down his face and groaned before pulling her back into his arms.

"Never mind."

Y/n went to wrap and arm around his waist, brushing against his region accidentally, causing Tom to let out a moan.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that." She said, jumping back. "Wait... oh." She realized what Tom tried to tell her a couple minutes ago.

"I'm sorry. I can't exactly uhm control it. It's just like this in the morning sometimes. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to uh moan.." he rambled.

"It's fine. I should uh get ready for my appointment. I'll leave you to uh, fix yourself." She giggled as she walked out of the room and Tom covered his face and let out a groan of both frustration and embarrassment.

He got up and went into his bathroom to take a cold shower.

Once finished he wrapped a towel loosely around his waist and walked into his bedroom just as y/n walked in.

"Tom. I'm leaving soon. I wanted to go-" she stopped as she looked up from her phone and gasped, immediately turning away. I'm sorry, I should've knocked. I'll wait for you in the living room.