Chapter 18: The truth?

It wasn't long until Timothée walked out of the house with his car keys in hand. He was dressed in a dark grey suit, his hair combed in a way y/n has never seen on him.

As he walked towards his car, he got a phone call. Tom and y/n were to far to be able to hear what he was saying but by the look of his face, it wasn't anything good. In less than two minutes, he was gone and Tom and y/n immediately got out of the car and towards the back of the house.

"Be careful. And try to put everything back the way it was." Y/n said as they made their way inside. Tom nodded and headed to the living room as she went straight to the bedroom.

She first looked in the bedside tables, but there was nothing out of the ordinary. So she moved underneath the bed, then the closet, bathroom.  Nothing. Everything seemed the way it used to. She moved to the desk and looked through it. Still nothing. She gave a defeated sigh and turned to walk out of the bedroom, bumping into the corner of the bed. The wood on the side falling in the process.

She leaned down to fix it, pausing upon seeing a folder tucked away underneath. She looked at the door and back to the folder, picking it up and holding it.

Pictures of her and Timothée were inside. From their beginning of their relationship to the day the shooting happened. She frowned, confusion seeping through her as she inspected the last picture, of them, Timothée bleeding out on the street as she cried over him.

The person who took them seemed to have been across the street, hidden behind some plants.

She set aside the pictures with watery eyes, no longer wanting to look at them and there were pages of information about her. Almost everything about her was there. She kept looking through the pages and stumbled upon one titled 'mission Chalamet.'

She was about to read it when Tom burst into the room, causing her to drop the papers on the floor.

"He's back. We gotta get out of here." He said as he helped her up.

She scrambled to fix the wood back on the bed and pick up the papers, sticking them under her arm as they both ran to the back door. However, right as they were gonna open it, the front door opened, Timothée walking in.

Tom quickly pulled her into a closet near the back door, putting a finger on his lips to tell her to be quiet. Tears welled up in Y/n's eyes in worry.

"Yeah, I'm on my way, I forgot some papers in my desk." Timothée spoke, as he made his way to his room, heavy footsteps echoing through the house.

"I think she's suspecting something. We can't have that, but we also can't kill her. Not until she signs the papers. Timothée should've made her sign a prenup, would've made this easier."

Y/n gasped. Tom immediately cover her mouth as silent tears fell down her face.  Timothée paused, hearing the gasp. He glanced around the house for a moment before shaking his head and continuing.

"As soon as she signs the papers, we'll kill her, just like we killed Timothée. And you need to call Harrison. Tell him to do his job better and get her off our asses." Tom looked at y/n with wide eyes. "We can't have her ruining this for us. Not when we're so close."

Silence. Timothée walked towards the front door, a folder in his hands.

"I don't care that's she's carrying a baby. Actually, I think I have an idea. Involving that baby, or shall I say, the lack of, if the plan works."  With that the front door closed. Silence once again surrounded the house.

Tom pulled his hand off of y/n's face as she slid onto the floor, quiet sobs echoing the small room.

"I was right. That's not Timothée. They killed him." She looked up at Tom. "They're going to kill me and my baby next."

"No! I won't let that happen. I'll protect you. I won't let anything happen to you." He crouched down to her level and put his hands on either side of her face. "You mean too much to me."

Y/n was silent for a moment as realization dawned on her. "Harrison is in on it."

Author's note: Hey guys!! So, so many of y'all wanted and said that I should continue it, so I am!! I hope you enjoy this chapter lol. Lmk what y'all think. I bet y'all weren't expecting that. ;)