Chapter 23: The plan

"No." Tom said, sternly, getting out of bed.

Y/n sat up. "Wait. Just listen. I agree to meet up with him and I ask to talk to Timothée's lookalike. You'll come with me and we'll take him down."

"Great plan." He said, sarcastically. "How do you suggest we take him down?"

"Detective Mendes." She stated.

Tom sighed. "I'm not gonna let you put yourself in danger."

"You can't stop me. I need to do this. For Timothée."

"Y/n. Timothée is gone. I'm sorry. I can't let you risk your life. We already lost our baby. I can't lose you too."

"Yeah! I lost Timothée. And then I lost my baby. I lost everyone I loved. So I need to do this for Timothée. MY Timothée. And for MY baby."

Tom's heart sunk. Of course she'd still be in love with Timothée and that baby was never his. It was hers and Timothée's, her fiancé.

"Right. Yeah. Of course." A knot formed in his throat and he tried to clear it.

"Tom." She started to speak.

"No, I understand." Tom gave her a small smile. "You should give the detective a call, tell him about your plan. I'm gonna freshen up."

Y/n let out a deep sigh and placed her face in her hands. She grabbed her phone and called the detective, explaining everything. Then she texted Harrison back.

Tom leaned against the sink, tears in his eyes that he wouldn't let fall. He ran a hand down his face as he took a deep breath and stepped out of the bathroom.

"The plan is set." Y/n said.

Tom nodded and got dressed in silence.

"Tom, I-"

"It's okay. I understand." Tom looked at her and gave her a fake smile. "Don't worry. I'll help you. Who knows? Maybe your Timothée is still out there."

She nodded, not knowing what to say. Getting out of bed, she stood in front of him and cupped his face. They stared into each other's eyes and she pulled him in for a kiss.

He melted into the kiss, before pulling away.
"We should go." He cleared his throat and took a step away from her.

"Yeah. I'll uh I'll get changed."

Once they were both dressed, they left to meet up with the detective.

"Good afternoon detective." Y/n spoke, shaking his hand.

"Hello, Ms. l/n. Mr. Holland."

"Harrison sent me the time and place to meet up. It's tonight at this parking lot. He said that he'd contact fake Timothée, but he's not sure if he'll show up."

"Okay. I have a squad prepared. I'm going to need you to wear this microphone so we can hear everything. We don't want anything to happen to either of you. Your safety is important, so don't do anything stupid."

"Yes, sir." Y/n said, looking up at Tom.

"Great. Follow me."

The detective led them through the police station and helped get them prepared.

"If things starts to go sideways. I'm gonna need you to say the code word and we'll rush in. If Timothée shows up, I need you to say the word."

"Okay." Y/n nodded.

"Let's get you to the location then." The detective double checked everything and allowed them to leave, making sure to not make it obvious he was following.