Partying Alone

It was a Friday and I walked home with Michael. He wanted to stay over at my house because his mom is having a gaggle of other moms over and he doesn't want to be stuck in the middle of it.

"We can play video games!" He told me when I said that my house is just as lame as his. I groaned out a fine and now we are playing video games. Call of Duty is my favorite. "Lets blow this Popsicle stand." Michael adjusted himself so he would increase his score.

"I don't think that's the saying-" but we are already playing.

We payed until dawn and I'm pretty sure I won. But Michael would beat me raw if I tried to argue with him about the scoring.

I went upstairs to retrieve some snacks when my phone rang in my pocket. "Hello?" I spoke with my chin positioned in between my shoulder and my phone, holding it in place. "Hey." It was Luke.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I shook pretzels out of the bag. "Getting some food." I set the bowl down and put the pretzels back, leaning on the island. "Are you free tomorrow?" Luke asked me.

His tone of voice is off. It's usually masculine and rough, like a bad boy voice. But this voice is small and almost frightened. "Um..." I didn't reply because I honestly didn't know. My parents always plans things like last minute.

"Okay. I'll call you later." Luke sounded relaxed now. "Okay. Bye. " I hung up the phone and let out a sigh of relief. That was the most awkward phone call ever, besides that one time when I accidentally butt dialed Michael who was... getting sexy with someone with his phone right next to him.

I brought the snacks down but I couldn't stop thinking about Luke. Why did he sound so nervous? Is it something I should talk to him about? Michael plunged his hand into the pretzel bowl and ate some. But I wasn't even hungry.

Michael fell asleep at 12:30 right before he said, "We're going to party all night!" I rolled my eyes at him and decided to see Luke. I wanted to talk to him about the phone call. I put on my signature vans and drove over to his house. My parents aren't home today, they wanted to visit some friends up north.

When I drove up Luke's driveway, I heard music blasting. Confusion, there is no one else here. I closed my car door and walked up to his back door. I knocked on it but no one replied. The music must've been too loud. "Luke?" I shouted. Then the music turned off and loud swearing could be heard.

The door swung open and Luke appeared in the doorway. He smiled at me and I stared back, hands in my sweatpants pockets. He's wearing a nirvana tee shirt and shorts that look like they've been lying on the floor. "Sorry, I wasn't wearing any pants so I had to put these on." Luke motioned toward his lower half and his atrocious short shorts.

"What's up?" Luke leaned against the door frame. "Why did you call me and... acted so weird?" I asked, crossing my arms. Luke chuckled and replied. "I didn't want to party alone, and I was really hoping you could come over but, never mind." Luke shook his head and stepped aside, motioning for me to come in.

His house is dark, and a neat. His parents probably clean it for him. "So now that I'm not alone...." Luke intertwined his fingers with mine. "We can party." Luke whispered in my ear and led me to what I assumed was the living room.

He turned the music back on and Green Day started playing. I knew I recognized that sound. I smiled and Luke pulled me close to him, gently kissing my neck but not biting. I rested my head on his chest as he continued to kiss me. He's taller than me. Luke is taller than everybody.

I smiled against his chest and I wanted to kiss him this time. Luke is always the one making the first move, now it's my turn. I looked up at Luke and pressed my lips to his, sucking on his bottom lip. I heard him make a soft moan which he tried to hide, which turned me on even more.

I ran my hands down his chest and rested on the hem of his hideous neon shorts. I pulled him closer to me and Luke couldn't take it. I couldn't take it. The green day continued to play in the background as Luke pushed me up against the wall.

He attacked my lips with his and slid his tongue easily into my mouth. I pressed my crotch to his and it made him growl. Then I thought about Michael, Luke's family, what if they find us? We can't do this now. What if parents come home? "Luke...." I said as he went down lower. I couldn't do it. I pushed him off and Luke looked at me. "What?" he asked, his eyes are dark.

"I can't do it." I told him. Luke wrapped his arms around my waist and pressed his forehead to mine. "I'm sorry." He whispered and kissed me softly. I shook my head. I'm such a horrible boyfriend. What kind of boyfriend doesn't even want to have sex?

"I don't deserve you, you deserve better than me." I told him. Luke looked at me like I was crazy. "Calum, if I can't have you I don't know what I would do to myself. I've waited so long for you and now that I finally have you in my arms, I can't let you go." Luke tightened his grip on me.

I told myself not to cry. I needed him too. We needed each other. "I have to take you home, my family will be home soon." Luke kissed me again and grabbed my hand, and with that he led me out to my car.

I told him not to walk me up to my house because Michael might see us. We said our goodbyes and I returned inside to a snoring Michael and a warm bed. This time, I was able to fall asleep.