Chapter 18

Emma's POV:
I woke up and instantly felt pain. I groaned quietly. I felt someone grab my hand as I turned my head to the side seeing Paul. He looked tired and he had a few scratches on his face but through all of it...he smiled and that made me smile. "Paul....why are we stuck with this shitty life?..." I croak out. I was surprised I could even still talk to be honest. Paul places a kiss to my forehead and of course I blushed "Emma....Oh Emma I'm sorry...and no...no I promise that from now on...I'll look out for you...don't worry about having a shitty life...atleast we're not eating packets of chips(crisps), sitting on the sofa all day watching jimmey fallon or some shit" I chuckled lightly and nodded. I heard bill say "Oh Emma! Your awake". I couldn't exactly see him because of the angle I was at. I sat up gently and Paul helped a bit holding my back. I leaned into Paul's chest. I felt him flinch? I think... but he soon relaxed. After a little while I heard the door open and close and heard a voice which I presume is Alice. "Dad! I'm home....today was stressful but me and deb got ice cream afterwards......Emma? Paul? Are you guys okay?" She asked. Yup that was definitely Alice. I heard Paul say "yea we're fine AL"

Paul's POV:
Alice looked a little worried "we're fine Al" I assure my niece..well half but whatever. I look down at Emma then back at bill. "Okay...we have one more thing to do before our little...weird ass ...adventure? Ends ....Look Wiley.....you know the fellow who created the wiggly doll? Yeah he was there.....Henry pounced on him and I'm afraid he won't have much time..we need to rest but only a little then I'll go back for him" I say . I didn't want to tell them about richy . "Wait Paul! I'll go with you! Alice would you like to call deb over later and you and Emma and deb can chill?" Bill asked. I knew Emma was gonna debate. She always did....but that's what I lo...like about her."Emma before you say anything no you can't go! I nearly lost you more then once already!" I shout. I didn't mean to shout but I didn't want her hurt. "Paul I don't really care what you think , I'm my own person and Henry is like a father too me. I won't sit down on my ass while my father like figure might die! God dammit Paul why don't you see that I want to help! I've been shit at anything! It's the least I could do! And you know what maybe if I die the world would be better without me!" Emma croaked back. It was louder but it wasn't loud like a shout. I flinched when she said the world would be better without her "Emma for you fucking dear leave this room! Cmon bill we're leaving now, let's go" and with that me and bill left the house.

Emma's POV:
Why does Paul do this to me? I can tell he's worried about me...but with the life I have ...I don't know how to respond with different emotions. I kick myself mentally wishing it was physically. I sigh looking at a somewhat frightened Alice. Okay I'm the adult here..um..."hey..Alice why don't you call deb..over and we'll...uh order pizza...or something..." Alice nodded and went to the other room to get the house phone. 'Paul be careful....'