Chapter 10

Emma's POV:
I walked into the kitchen. I had no clue how much blood I even had in my nose but I'm pretty sure I have a lot or I'd die of blood loss right now. I buckle to myself at my own joke and I saw Bill and Alice just looking at me. I shrugged and sat down. Paul shortly came in after. He looked tired and his hair was messy...damn I didn't even know his hair could get messy...No Emma stop. I shake my head looking down at the plate with the bacon and eggs bill has given me. I still have one hand holding the tissue up to my nose while I grab a fork with the other and tried to pick the bacon up with it but anytime I lifted it off the plate ....it fell.. after about 6 shots of it I got so annoyed.' Fuck it' I thought and just pick the bacon up with my hand and placed it in my mouth. Alice was just chuckling. Paul didn't really care and then Bill...I thought he'd have a panic attack or something ..is he that hygienic?...hmmm...."Emma do you know your not supposed to eat with your hands?!" Bill sounded panicked.I just shrugged and ate. Paul started rolling his eyes at Bill while he went on a rant about how bacteria gets wherever...to be honest I wasn't listening but would you blame me?.I only ate the bacon but didn't touch the egg. After I finished with the bacon I got up not even bothering to excuse myself and grabbed three more tissues. Paul got up shortly after me and came towards me. I looked at him ."Emma I'm sorry about your nose just ..reflexes ...ah forget it look...it's just you reminded of something and we'll yea.....it would be appreciated if you'd never sing that song to me again..." my face went pale and Paul must have noticed "No don't cry Emma ..it's not your fault you didn't know!" He practically screamed. I looked at him confused then I brought my free hand to my cheek feeling tears. I'm crying? Why ? Why am I crying? Ugh..."Paul I only sang it to wake you up and why am I crying?..." I asked.wait how would he know god dammit I'm stupid. Paul looked at me "Emma? Did you really ask me why you were cr-" he got cut off by a person shouting from the outside of the house.Then smoke filled the place. No it wasn't smoke from a fire but smoke like sleeping gas maybe? I think? Paul, Alice and Bill dropped unconscious. 'Why didn't it effect me...oh the tissue of course..' I thought. I rushed over to Paul first since he was right in front of me. I shook him lightly till I heard someone chuckling and shouting. I flinched. I started to panic. 'Shot what to do..what to do...what to...' I got cut off of my thoughts by someone throwing an axe through the kitchen window I dodged it and slid down the cupboard. At this point I can't breathe everything's so much for me but I have to stay awake. No matter what I have to protect my friends. I got back up but stumbled. I straightened myself and walked to the living room. I saw Paul's phone and decided to ring his emergency contact number. I rung it...." please help ...Paul's in danger....his friends...need the pol..ice.." I managed to say before I felt my body give in to the smoke. Everything went pitch black.

Paul's POV:
"All I remember is smoke filling the house and bang I'm here" I explained to one of the nurses and a police man. Who used to be with Charlotte a friend from work. His name was Sam. I woke up about an hour ago in this hospital room and about 30 minutes ago the nurse came in and sam did asking me questions.Luckily she said we all were okay and could leave the following day when everyone's up. She also said she had to fix Emma's nose somehow. I sigh when they finally left but before they did they said I'd get a visitor. A visitor I wonder who?...I look out the window at the sun shining. I heard a knock at the door and looked over muttering a ' come in'. The door handle turned and it opened... my eyes widened"Karina?! What are you doing here?" I said very pissed off. She only sighed and sat by me "Look I was worried and I was the one who called the police so technically I saved you!" She practically screamed whispered. "How did you know we even needed help?" I asked. She rolls her eyes " one of your weird friends called me and asked" she said. 'Weird friend? Does she mean Emma ? Omg Karina that bitch....I sigh "okay" I hissed out. She looked at me "you changed a lot ..your almost handsome if I do say so myself time has been good for you" Karina said to me. I eyed her "Look Karina I'm not getting back together with you there's a reason I blocked your number and I can't change my emergency contact so..." I say. She smirked ...oh jezuz what was she planning?.
Shortly there was a knock on my door and even before I could say come in. Emma jolted through the door and hugged me. "Paul! Are you okay?!" She said worried. I smile at her nicely. Karina spoke "so you got yourself a new bitch?". At this point she was just pissing me off so much. Emma eyed her "To be honest the only bitch I see is you" Emma said to her face. I looked at Emma "Emma don't mind her she's an idiot" I say not wanting them to fight. Emma looked at her once again " I believe that me and Paul are friends and what are you to him?". "Well I just happen to be his...." Karina paused"Ex lover.."Emma quickly turned to Me. "Really Paul this bitch? I mean considering you...I feel your type would be the one you'd have picnics with every second day and go bird watching or something?..." Emma said to me. I chuckled." Well she wasn't always a bitch and wait picnics and bird watching Emma really?..." I ask. Emma was pissed but I didn't know why. "Emma you okay?.." I ask hoping she answered. She only nodded and Karina left with no gooodbye. " Paul you should...get some rest I need to go somewhere and check on bill and Alice..." she said. I nodded not thinking too much and she left the room with me and my thoughts.

Emma's POV:
I walked outside the hospital field needing some air. I started taking a stroll in a small garden outside the field until some grabbed me and pinned me against the wall. My head banged Off of it and I groaned. I opened my eyes to see Karina. "You listen here bitch Paul is mine! He has never loved you and god only know why he's been keeping you around him...jezuz I remember your sister wasn't she precious but your just the fuck up aren't you?" She paused and I flinched when she moved her hand to slap me but I never felt the slap I opened my eyes seeing Paul grabbing Karinas hand "Uh Paul hey..." Karina said. Paul looked so pissed. I on the other hand was in no good condition my head was pounding and I did not feel well. My vision went blurry but I stayed conscious. Paul pushed Karina away from me and spoke " don't ever lay a hand on Emma again you got that ? Or I'll be getting a restraining order and maybe something even worse!" Paul shouted. I made no sound but I looked at Paul when he lifted me into his arms. "Well I'm only saying it's her fault her sisters dead! She has never been to one event except the funeral and I barely saw her! Jezuz Christ open your eyes Paul! She's bad news!" Karina yelled. I gripped onto Paul's shirt during buried my head into his neck "she's right I am a bitch ...I didn't go to any of her events and I practically killed her...if I went to that event that day I could have made her stay....made her stay at home with her kids instead of driving across the country to ...visit me..." I muffle out a sob. Paul rubs circles on my back " shhh it wasn't your fault and no she was wrong Emma , Karina does that to people to make them feel like shit..." Paul then kissed the top of my head and I blushed. He held me close "Karina you bitch" and with that Paul walked away with me in his arms back up to his room he was staying in. Shortly I exhausted myself with crying I had to just sleep my worries away