Chapter 7

Emma's POV:
I stood up holding onto the bath and got undressed then I turned the the water on and started to fill the bath.Once it was nearly full I turned the water off and sat down in the bath relaxing myself.After awhile I lay down relaxing even more.'this is just what I need...something to calm my nerves...' I thought.I was so relaxed at this point I nearly fell asleep till I heard another bang at the window.The window was small enough but even though it's small  you never know what could fit in it.I looked towards the window.'okay...it must be just birds with bad eyesight...it's not impossible to hit off a window...' I sunk lower into the bath gulping.I decided I'll just wash my hair and calm down. After I washed my hair I heard another bang at the window but then I saw a shadow of a hand.I knew that at this point it wasn't a bird.I jumped out of the bath breathing it and out and threw on what Paul has left for me.I made myself think that the shadow of the hand was just my imagination.I started to dry my hair with a towel.My eyes widened when I heard the window creak.I looked at it once again and saw that there was a person.At this point I jolted out the door but tripped when I got to the stairs and screamed.I heard footsteps trudging up the stairs and the figure felled the scene running into a different room.I was shaking.'Okay I am not imagining this...there is someone still in this house....but who...'. I saw Paul and Bill running upstairs to me."Emma?! Emma! What's wrong?" Paul asked."Um...Person...window....Hand....ran....broke in......room.....bang......." I spoke I couldn't get a word out."Okay Emma calm down okay sweety? Bill said politely.I nod but not long after a few minutes of silence, our heads all turned towards a room where all of us heard a window smashed.Now Alice ran up the stairs looking frightened."Dad, uncle Paul there was a person outside the window looking in!!" Alice hugged her dad Bill. Paul put a hand on my shoulder before running towards the room and opening the door."Fuck the window is definitely smashed"I heard him shout and then he came back out."P..Paul...h..he came in...t..the ...bathroom...window...." I stuttered.Paul nodded "I'm sorry Emma for leaving you out there I was only gone downstairs for a moment to grab myself a drink.Bill call the police....We cant deny that the person has to have a reason for breaking in..." Paul spoke.Bill nodded and grabbed his phone and dialled the police. I tugged on Paul's shirt and whispered"Someone banged three times..God only knows how long he was outside the window..but..but...then he came in and..I just legged it out..my feet are killing me...I..I.." I got cut off."Emma it's alright you can stay with me Tonight...Bill, Alice you can stay aswell we don't know what he or even they wanted .....let's not take any chances though....."Paul spoke.Bill and Alice nodded.I just sat there clinging onto Paul's shirt.