Chapter 28

Tiana's POV

I ran into the house, my vision blurry from tears threatening to fall. I can't believe Tyler kept that away from me. He is leaving, he is leaving me. The only person that made me happy is leaving me and he didn't even have the decency to tell me.

I rushed into the Kitchen and the girls turned to me, all shocked at the sight of me.

"Tiana, what's wrong?" Lyla asked, coming close to me. I couldn't even answer, I just burst into tears. Lyla hugged me. Soon I pulled back.

"Tyler is leaving me." I muttered. I expected them to say something but they were all silent.

"Damn, she found out..." Ada muttered probably not expecting me to hear but I did and I was shocked.

"You guys knew too?!" I snapped.

"Look Tiana, it wasn't in our place to tell you." Zaria tried to explain.

"But you guys should have made him tell me..." I snapped at them. I heard the front door open and close and foot steps. I looked back to see Tyler coming into the kitchen.

"Tiana..." He called but I snapped back at him.

"Don't talk to me!"

"Tiana you have to calm down and hear him out. He has is reasons, trust me." Lyla said. I looked at Tyler and saw he was struggling and I was probably making it harder for him. I cleaned my eyes and nodded.

"We will give you guys some privacy." Ada said and they left the kitchen for us. I sighed, cleaned my eyes with my palm and looked up at him. He came closer to me until we were few inches away from each other.

"Why wouldn't you tell me? You told everyone except for me." Even though I cleaned my tears I felt fresh ones coming up.

"I didn't know how. I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." He closed the gap between us and wrapped his hands around me and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my hands around his mid-section and  hugged him back, my face buried in his chest and started to cry.

He pulled back after a while and pulled me to sit down but I held his hand back, telling him I wanted to stand and talk this out and he understood. I leaned against the kitchen island.

"Since when have you been planning to travel?" I asked him. He sighed.

"My dad decided, I didn't. He said it was no longer safe here, after everything that happened with King and Ciara. He really didn't give me any choice." He explained and I realized it was basically my fault. If Tyler haven't gotten involved with me, everything that happened to him wouldn't have.

"This is basically all my fault." I muttered but he heard me and shook his head.

"It's not your fault. Tiana, please stop blaming yourself, please." He took my hand in his. I sighed, looking into his eyes.

"So you are leaving for good?" I asked calmly. I really didn't know how to feel. There was a big chance he would break up with me and I really don't know what I would do then.

"I really don't know, but I know it's going to be for a long time." He replied. His sentences were shorter and it meant two things. He didn't know what to say or He was about to break up with me, and the latter was more glaring to me. Tyler noticed I was quiet and used his thumb to caress the back of my arm.

"Tiana..." He calmly called. I felt another wave of sadness wash over me. I felt tears in my eyes but blinked it away.

"Are you..." I sniffed and looked at him. He looked confuse. "Are you going to break up with me?" I asked and Tyler widened his eyes, shaking his head frantically.