Chapter 27

Tiana's POV

It was three week after the whole fiasco. Everything wasn't okay for me. I have cried so much, I doubt there is any more tears left for me to cry. We were all at the cemetery, dressed in black, umbrellas above us as the rain fell, the pastor saying several words of prayer for the dead and words of encouragement to us all.

"May her soul rest perfectly in the bosom of our lord Jesus Christ." The pastor concluded.

"Amen. Everyone chorused, everyone except me. I couldn't find my voice. Beads of tears dropped from my eyes again and I violently wiped them away.

I felt a hand slip in between mine and I knew it was him. He entwined our fingers and brought it up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of my palm. I looked on as people dropped flowers by her stone, people I was sure didn't care about Ciara. Basically they would be more or less happy that she was no more. I just wanted to leave this place. It was giving me terrible vibes. Right now I was no longer sad. I just felt numb.

Did I mention my parents were around? Yeah, it's so funny that they decided to show up just because one of their children was dead. When they came, there was no emotion, no tears. They called the press to make sure the news didn't go far, stating that they wanted to protect their reputation. I nearly exploded with anger but Tyler was there to calm me down. I haven't spoken to them since they came. Mum has been trying to talk to me but I would always ignore her.

Everyone began to disperse from the cemetery except me, Tyler, the rest of my friends my parents and the pastor. Taju had come back from his trip and heard about the whole thing. Baba was vexed that he wasn't around to go with the fun, says he missed a lot. No one should pray to me in the kind of position we were in. We stood there, under the umbrella, looking at Ciara's tomb stone.

Ciara Dakoba
Lovely daughter, sister and friend
1996-2019
May her soul rest in peace.

They began to drop flowers on the limestones and settled in an uncomfortable silence

"Even though we didn't get the know the real her. I bet she was pretty amazing." Lyla broke the unsettling silence. I chuckled.

"I didn't get to know the real her either." I revealed and we all chuckled.  "Though, when we were little, she would always protect me. She always had my back. I don't know what went wrong." I said.

"It's gonna be okay Tiana. She's in a better place now. That's all that matters." Joel said. I nodded and looked back at her tomb stone. I brought two fingers to press against my lips and then pressed it against the tombstone.

"I love you sis." I whispered. The rain had stopped and the son came out through the clouds.

"That means she loves you too." Kelvin pointed to the cloud.

"Kelvin, you have been watching too much cartoons. It's not good for your already tiny brain." Charles smirked.

"Nice one oo. For your mind now, you are making sense." Kelvin hissed. We laughed. I looked at Tyler and he gave me a go ahead.

"I really want to thank you guys for being with me through out this period. I've never really had friends and the length you guys went to, to make sure I was..." I clasped my hand around Tyler's. "To make sure we were okay, I haven't felt this overwhelmed by so much love and care. Thank you so much." My eyes were already tearful.