Chapter 2

Tyler's POV

I quickly got down from the car and dashed towards the hall just as the bell for assembly went off. I heaved a sigh of relief that I made it just in time. If I was a minute late, I'd probably be stripped of my position as the Sport Prefect. I began to search for my guys and immediately spotted them directing the junior students towards the hall.

"Guys!" I called out to them and they saw me. They began to wave me over and I jogged towards them. When I got to them, we traded high fives and hugged.

Taking a look at my guys, I saw how the summer break had done a number on them. They looked different, the good kind of different. Joel was taller and more buffed. Charles had maintained his rather stout stature but looked more muscular. Kelvin had grown beards. Keeping of beards wasn't allowed at LLA but he could get away with it because he was a prefect.

Do I look different to them? I asked myself.

Taju had travelled out of the country. He spoke to all of us during the holiday. He had done SAT quite early, and gained early admission to a college in Europe. Though he promised he'd be coming back from time to time, specifically for prom and grad.

There was definitely no way he'd miss it. I knew that guy so well. But I was definitely going to miss his wahala.

"Aw far na, guy!" Charles began, cutting me out of my reverie. "You were pretty late, you know." He added and the others nodded. I chuckled, giving a nonchalant shrug.

"I made it before first bell, didn't I? So, I'm technically very early." I replied with a smirk.

"Of course you are." Joel rolled his eyes, checking his watch for the time. I looked around, feeling that something or someone was missing.

"Joel, where are the girls?" Kelvin asked.

Ahh! That's what was missing. Ma girls!

"I was just about to ask about them. I've really missed them so much." I revealed.

"If you had come out once during the break, you wouldn't be missing them this much." Joel stated before looking at Kelvin.  "They should be out any minute." He added and Kelvin nodded.

"Joel is right. You just stayed locked in your house the entire summer. Wetin!" Charles exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at their exaggeration.

"I didn't stay locked up in my house the entire summer. I was going for art shows and exhibitions. Plus, I took jobs as well. I need to gather money for that art college I want to go to." I told them and they nodded in understanding.

"Honestly, I still don't understand why your dad didn't want you doing art in the first place. Not that you suck at commercial class oh but I still don't know what you are doing there." Kelvin said and I forced a nonchalant shrug again.

"Well, Dad's rules are Dad's rules." I simply replied.

"Why don't you at least try to talk to him about it, you know, get him to understand. Maybe he will change his mind." Joel chipped in and I couldn't help the scoff that escaped my lips

"Have you met my father? Debola Adebiyi-Williams is anything but understanding." I said in a rush and they all gave me a skeptical look. I quickly looked for something better to say.

"He's a good father, no doubts. He obviously knows what's best for me." I lied through my teeth.

"If he knows what's best for you then why are you saving up for a art college." Kelvin asked and my words got caught in my throat.