Chapter 12

Tyler's POV

"Wait, is the dress code for the cultural night decided yet?" Charles asked.

We were in a prefects meeting with every single prefect in attendance, except me... Mentally. We were trying to put finishing touches to the upcoming cultural night. Everyone had spoken their views about the cultural night. Well everyone except me. I was the quiet one. My hand was scribbling on my sketch pad, sketching the face of that one person that has plagued my mind. I was paying little attention to what they were saying.

"I feel we should use Yoruba as the theme." Shalewa said and that got disapproving murmurs from some guys that were obviously not Yoruba.

"That is being tribe biased." Kingsley, an Igbo guy said.

"I just said that because I feel it's easier to get that any other tribal cloths." Shalewa shrugged. A murmur broke out.

"Alright. Quiet guys. We really don't need to argue." Christopher, our Head boy said and the noise died down. Zaria stood up and was saying something but well of course I didn't hear. Kelvin that was beside me nudged my rib with his elbow and my face jerked up. I saw everyone staring at me, Zaria's eyebrow raised.

"What? Sorry, I wasn't listening. Can you repeat the question please?" I asked.

"Tyler, you are the only one that has not spoken. Can we hear your view on matter at hand?" Zaria asked again. I looked around and tried to gather my thoughts together.

"Well, I feel we should wear any traditional attire that we have and feel comfortable with. We really don't need to have a theme for the night. The last sets did that, fine but I know Ada and Charles wants something different for our set so why maintain the status quo." I stated and I got a major nod of approval from a number of them.

"For instance; Zaria you are going with Joel right?" I asked and she nodded, sneaking a smile at Joel.

"You might decided to probably in a Yoruba or Hausa attire, depending on which one you want to. In fact you can decide to go in an Igbo attire if you want. Isoken, you can decide to go in an Edo attire. You get what I'm saying? I feel we shouldn't theme this cultural night. It's called cultural night because we have to depict the different cultural ethnic groups in our dressing." I said.

"Thank you Tyler." Christopher gave me a smile and I nodded as I sat down. "So what do you guys think?" He asked

"The idea is an excellent idea." Maya said.

"There is this Edo dress have been wanting to wear. This is the opportunity. I second Tyler's idea." Isoken said. The others nodded in approval.

"Anyone against the idea?" Christopher asked and no one replied.

"Good. It's been settled. Thank you guys for coming today." Zaria said and everyone stood up to move. I sat down and kept drawing.

My mind was actually on Tiana. I wanted to ask her to be my date to the Cultural night but for some reasons that might get the guys suspicious. They are already suspicious as it is with Joel subtly dishing me with warnings. I was already playing out how things would turn out when I tell them. I wasn't ready to start answering questions about my feelings.

And I definitely wasn't ready to tell them about my feelings for her.

Do I have feelings for her?

"You ain't going yet?" Joel asked and I looked up. The guys were seated too, probably they were not ready to go as well.

"Nah. Too lazy to stand up and start walking back to class. Plus, it's almost closing time and I'm not having class in last period. So I rather stay here" I replied with a shrug.