Chapter 4

Tyler's POV

"Nawa o, the man's speech was way too long. This is just the first day and we are just adjusting to the whole prefect saga. Abeg, he should give us a breathing space." Charles lamented as we left the prefects meeting and I chuckled, watching as Joel Zaria, Lyla and Kelvin went further. Ada had stayed back to have a discussion with the vice principal.

"Well, you really don't have any work to do until social events of the school start. As for me, I have to work every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays which are sport days, especially Friday." I told him and he nodded.

"Well, you have a point there. You even have swim team try outs to look forward to on Friday. Have students started signing up?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yes. Last time I went down stairs to check the sign up sheet on the notice board, I already thirty names up. Too bad we only need 15 new people. It would be more stressful because Imisi isn't resuming till next week." Imisi was the female sport prefect.

"I'm sure you can handle it." Charles winked at me and I mustered up a fake grimace at him, shoving my hand into my trouser pockets. My mind began to drift off to the girl from earlier.

She looked angry, hurt, frustrated and sad all in one expression. It was pretty hard to tell what was going on with her. I was actually pretty concerned, it was in my nature but she just had to ruin it by being so rude.

How can you be meeting someone for the very first time and have a nasty attitude towards that person?

Someone needs to the talk her about her attitude.

"Guy, did you hear?" Charles' voice interrupted my reverie and I looked at him confusing.

"Hear what?" I asked him.

"Joel's ex is here." He revealed and my face contoured in a frown.

"I don't understand. Joel's ex is here, as in she's in Lagos or Joel's ex is here as in she here in school?" I asked him for clarification. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Joel's ex is here as in she just resumed to this school, as a new student!" He clarified and my eyes widened in surprise.

"Med o." I blinked, still trying to wrap my head around that fact. "That's quite a lot." I stated and Charles nodded.

"I'm surprised you didn't hear. He mentioned it during the meeting when V.P was on a phone call." Charles said and I shrugged.

"You know I am always in my own world whenever I get the opportunity to zone off." I teased and he rolled his eyes, getting back to the discussion at hand.

"That's not even the worst part of it. The babe is in our class." Charles dropped another bomb and I scoffed out a laugh.

"That seems pretty coincidental." I stated with a shrug and Charles nodded eagerly.

"I've been looking at possibilities all morning and I came to the conclusion that she planned it." Charles said and I looked at him with a furrowed eyebrow, silently asking him to explain further. And he did.

"The babe must be on a mission because if I remember correctly, Joel told us that she was in science class back in their old school. How is she in technical class now? Abeg, she planned it. I will give it to her, she has balls." Charles said and I laughed.

"On another hand, it might actually be coincidental." I shrugged, trying not to judge the said girl. Charles didn't seem satisfied with my reply and shook his head vigorously.

"Coincidental how?" He was looking at me like I had grown two heads. "Okay, let's say moving to Lagos is pretty coincidental. It might have been her parents." He started and I corked my head left and right before I nodded.