Chapter 26

Tyler's POV

We froze.

King was pointing a gun at us and knowing him, any wrong move he would pull the trigger. I stood, trembling in so much fear. The voice came from the mega phone again, warning the captors to surrender. King was angry, it was obvious with all the veins popping out of his head. I gently pushed Tiana to stay behind me, though I  was equally as scared as she was.

We are in a load of deep shit!

"You called them, didn't you?" King asked me.

"Tyler..." Tiana whimpered, holding unto my arm.

"Shh...it's going to be okay." I told her, not breaking eye contact with King.

"I fucking asked you a question!" King snapped and Tiana trembled behind me.

"I didn't call them there, I swear. I came here alone." My hands were raised in surrender, looking from the gun pointed to us to King's face.

"Then how did they get here?" He asked through gritted teeth. I sighed. I knew how they got here. My friends made that happen.

"I don't know. Please drop the gun before you do something you'll regret. Just put the gun down." I told him, trying my best to reason with him. Suddenly he pulled the trigger to the bulb on the roof and blew it up. Tiana's scream filled the room.

"Trust me, I won't regret killing you." King growled out. He looked at his goons. "Hold her, I'll hold him. We are going to have a little chat with the police." He smirked and came behind me, pressing the gun against my rib cage. "One funny business and I'll pull the trigger." He whispered to me and I nodded. I stole a glance at Tiana and she was struggling with the goons who tried to hold her still. They began to drag us outside.

****

We reached the front of the house and met face to face with the police, my dad and my friends. Guns were pointed at King and his men but they couldn't pull the trigger because they had leverage. Us.

"Stand down, Mister." The police man standing with the megaphone said.

"Well well well, look who we have here. The police." King snickered.

"Let the hostages go." The police said again, I rolled my eyes. Nigerian Police sef. The guy isn't even saying it with authority. It's like he's even scared m, he wants to pee in his pants.

"Chill na. You and I know that one wrong move from any of you, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger." King told them. My dad spoke.

"Please, he is my son, the only one I have. Let him go. Let them go." My dad pleaded. I could see tears in his eyes and I was both pained and angry.

"Shut up grandpa! You should have taught your son to mind his business. Too bad for him now." King chuckled.

"Hey, don't speak to my dad like that." I snapped at King and he pressed the gun further into my ribcage.

"You have forgotten who is with the gun. This is the last warning for you. One more word for you and I'll pull the trigger. I'm not bluffing." King said through gritted teeth. Ciara came out from the car, surprising both Tiana and King. I on the other hand was scared to shits for her. She shouldn't have come. King would definitely kill her.

"King, please give it up. The jig is up. Back off." Ciara somewhat pleaded.

"Ciara..." Tiana whispered.

"Hey little sis." Ciara smiled at her.

"Wow!! What a nice family reunion." King said sarcastically. His face contoured in anger as he looked at Ciara. "I knew you would betray me bitch!" He growled.