[Note: You may enjoy reading with the music above]

[Author's POV]

[9:05 AM, Mia's Laboratory]

[April 13, 4037]

"Welcome back, Mia. How was your night?" "It's great Phoenix, thanks for asking" She smiled at him, he looked her her confused. "Phoenix?" "Yes! Phoenix Wright, that's your name, isn't it lovely?"

"It sounded abit.. Funny" He complimented. "Oh? Really? I searched for a name all night y'know." She chuckled. "Ah? I'm sorry, Mia, I appreciate the name you gave me." He stammered, "How are you feeling, Phoenix?" she asked him. "I feel.. Nothing?" he replied hesitantly "I see.. You are beginning your new journey, Phoenix" she smiled "I am? What am I?" he asked, "You'll know.." she exhales

"Is something the matter, Mia?" he asked, "No, no.. It's just that.."
Beep
Beep
"What's that?" Phoenix confusingly asked her as he looked around Mia, scanning her, "Don't worry, it's just my phone, I'll go pick it up. Stay here okay?" she looks at him and gives him a grin. He nodded as she went out, holding a vibrating technology on her right hand.

"HEY YOU THERE!" a shout was heard. Phoenix scan over the room to see a suspicious looking weird rather traditional girl. "I'm Maya, Maya Fey. Nice you meet you!" she giggled, shaking his hand with hers. "Maya.. You are Mia's sister?" he asked, "Mhm, and you must be Phoenix. I should give you a nickname, what do you think it should be?" "I don't know.. Your choice whether you are happy with it or not." he replied, "Hmm.. Nick? That sounded way better, what do you think?" she asked, smiling happily, "That's alright" he smiled back

[CONFIRM NAME?]

[YES NO]

"Maya! What are you doing? Come back here, I need Phoenix with me" Mia came back with a serious expression on her face, "What? To where?" Maya asked her sister, "You'll know, go back to your room, alright? I'll be home at dinner time, be good" she said, kneeling down and kisses Maya on the cheeks and Maya gave her a worried expression, "Are you gonna be okay?" she asked her sister, "Yeah, just stay with Pearls, she needs you, alright?" "Alright.. You better come back and dinner!" she gave her sister a slight grin and walks away from the laboratory.

"Phoenix, you're coming with me."

°°°

[3:18 AM, CC Department]

[April 13, 4037]

"Thank you, sir." Edgeworth sighs in relief as the boss patted his shoulder, "We should all have a celebration of our success!" his boss exclaim as all of the co-workers clapped and chatter. "For now! All of you can go home, make sure to come at 9:00 PM!" his boss continued.

Party hmm.. It better be good..

Edgeworth smiles to himself.

[7:24 PM, Edgeworth's Home]

[April 13, 4037]

I should get ready

He said to himself as he patted the puppy's forehead and fed it with some dog treats he bought the other day, "I should name you.. What do you think suits you?" he asked to little puppy, "Since you are a female.. I think I'll call you.. Pess? That sounded nice, what do you think?" he smiled at the little puppy. The puppy barks and waddle her tail, "So that's a yes? Well then, that's good to know! I'll call you Pess now" he ruffles the puppy's fur.

What time is it I wonder?

He asked himself while looking at his watch,

[7:51 PM]

Ah shit! I should take a shower first.

He quickly stood up, gently placing the puppy on the couch.
Beep
Beep
A vibration was heard, he took out his phone and picked up the call

"Hey Edgeworth! Are you still going?" his co-worker asked him, "Yeah, just gonna take a shower, I'll be there." he replied, "Great! I'll hang up." "Alright." Edgeworth said as his co-worker hang up on him.

[9:03 PM, Gate's Bar]

[WARNING! Major Discomfort]

"Ah Mr. Edgeworth! You finally came!" his boss exclaim, walking towards him, wrapping his arm around Edgeworth's shoulder. He looked at his boss in discomfort, "Ah yeah.. Of course I'll come, Mr. San." he said.

"C'mon, let's go party!"

[AH HOUR LATER]

Basically, all of the co-workers and their boss are drunk. But of course, except Edgeworth, who only drank a few cups. "Oh Edgeworthhh, why don't you drink some more hmm?" his boss, Mr. San, asking him. "No thanks, Sir. I'll be going" Edgeworth steps back, his boss quickly pull him aggressively, "Sir, what are you-" "Ssshh.. I know you are gay, Edgeworth." his boss smirks at him as Edgeworth pushes him down.

"I'll be leaving sir, you are drunk." Edgeworth sighs and left the bar, tipping the employee. As he walked down the alley, he noticed that his boss was chasing him

Are you serious? He is still chasing me?

He walks abit more faster and his boss shouted at him from the distance "Edgeworth! Comee baackk, let's have some funn" He looks back in discomfort and walks even faster,
His boss finally manage to get him and pinned him on the wall. "Where are you going Edgeyy boy? I haven't had my fun yet" Edgeworth could clearly smell the reek of alcohol from his breath that made him turns his head away, dodging the unexpected kiss from the drunk man in front of him.

Oh someone please help me.

Edgeworth closes his eyes, awaiting for the worst to come.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" a familiar voice shrieked as Edgeworth no longer feel the heavy weight upon him, he flickers his eyes and look down to see the man on the ground with a red mark printed on his cheek. "OH YOU WANNA FIGHT KID?" The man gets up and steady himself, balling his fist, ready to punch the boy that had punched him. "Get behind me" the boy said.

He steps forward and shoves him back to the ground. Edgeworth watched with horror as the boy threw a few more punches to the man's fast, leaving the man bleeding his face out lifelessly.

Should I trust this person? Or is he gonna kidnap me?

He asked himself, suddenly his arms were pulled. The boy started to run, dragging Edgeworth along with him.

"W-wait! I-I can go home by myself!" Edgeworth said, catching his breath from all the running, "Have you seen what that creep did? I am not letting you go." The boy said and stopped right at Edgeworth's house. Edgeworth only sighs;

Maybe I should trust him..

"Wait a sec, how do you know my house?" he asked the boy, "Oh ah? It's nothing maybe just a coincidence, you never know y'know." The boy chuckled, "Who are you anyways?" he asked the boy, again. "A 'thank you' would be nice, anyways I am Phoenix."

1138 words