Letter Eleven

The rain poured heavily on my body as I fought against it. The letters words rang in my head jabbing my guilt and regrets.

How? How had I not once since it happened talked to Ouma again? Why didn't I push further to get to know that person I played games with during lunch?

Why did I leave that kid who looked petrified? Why did I yell at him? What had I done? I could have done more. I could have done better. I could have been his friend.

I didn't.

The rain clouded my vision and my clothes held my down. I have to go home...I'll start again tomorrow...

Tomorrow. Tomorrow I swear. I'll find him...

-/-/-/-/-

I set out early in the morning. My backpack filled with food, and some cash and all the letters.

I grabbed the quickest breakfast I could and headed out.

A painted face looms over you.

I walked throughout the town looking for whatever Ouma was talking about.

I must have been wandering for hours. Then on the tiniest corner of the city was a warehouse with a large graffiti art of a clown mask.

This has to be it...

I walked in to see a bunch of old couches and a mini fridge along with spray paint cans in the corner.

The warehouse was also filled with pranking materials and a lot of pictures and was booming with a childish energy.

The letter was on the center table in between two bottles of panta.

Dear Saihara~

Hey Saihara chan! Welcome to the DICE headquarters! Do you like it? Hopefully because if you made it this far it's time for you to join!

What? This was a very different mood from what I was expecting.

Do you want to join Saihara? I mean you must be somewhat interested and it will be useful to have a detective in our ranks.

So come on already join us Saihara!

I don't know.

Just kidding I know Saihara chan won't join. I just wanted to talk about DICE since you're going to meet them before you see me again.

So I thought I should prepare you so you don't embarrass me by fainting when you meet them.

So first we got Riko. Riki. Tik Tok. That last one wasn't me that was Takura.

She was on a sugar rush every single day and even more childish than apparently I am. I'm not childish though >:(

Sure.

She was really really cheerful, like a cheerleader only without being dumb like the stereotype.

Ok maybe she was a little, she also did a lot of photography I still have some of her stuff under my bed of the photos she took.

Then we got Eiji. He's...ok his idea of fun is only a notch above watching paint dry. He also can bake which is weird because his treats are just as good as Tojo's and it's so good. He's pretty dull compared to Riko emotion wise but...he has his moments.

Next is Mirai. Sleep master, she had transformed into a middle finger machine and she flipped off everyone. She actually was responsible for 90% of the spray paints you probably saw along the way. She was actually a pretty nice person but if she heard you saying that she would slap you.

Ok maybe she isn't nice.

I laughed out loud reading these descriptions.

Then we got Nao. Our loveable fat guy. He calls everyone a traitor and he and Mirai actually were always insulting each other. He likes playing video games and tries to be a comedian. Key word tries. He's fun.

Then we got Takura. He was almost as dense as a rock. He didn't have a great love for food. By that I mean he didn't eat. He was actually a major otaku and if anyone came between him and his anime you're dead.

Genkei. He just joins in for the ride. Whatever we we are doing he will just go with it. He bounces off everyone and I can't believe how much he just takes and is like: that's fine.

Takashiro. He is dumb *ss. A total f*cking dumb *ss. Still I love him, he's a giant like Gokuhara and even though he is clumsy as heck and not that great in the brain department he's like everyone's older brother. Which is cool I guess.

Next is Kazue. Kazue was done with our sh*t the second he met us. He's super serious and is always trying to hold us back from our most stupid prank ideas. He actually cares. But the day he will show that is the day we all die.

Tsuki. Kagami. I don't know what her name is these days. Shes the hippie anxiety ridden book worm. Maybe you'll get along with her social anxiety cause it reminds me of a certain someone.

Finally Chiasa. Chi. She was happy go lucky and had the laugh similar to a pig snort. It was hilarious. She also had a very bad temper, like get her mad and she would scold you to near death! Most of the time she was just happy though. She was like the sister I never had.

Well that was DICE, ready to meet them Saihara?

I'm concerned how they will feel about your descriptions of them.

Well to bad you have another letter before that. And...I don't know if I like what the next one is going to say.

I'm giving you a riddle Saihara and a little extra inside the envelope.

Head down into hell till you see the crumbling fort.

See yeah Saihara, I...I don't know anymore.

From,
Kokichi Ouma