Dear Ouma

Dear Ouma,

It's been about three years since...since I had to say goodbye to you. I graduated, I swear for a second I could almost see you there joking around with people.

Your orginization was fun. They're really nice people and I'm glad you introduced me to them through your letters.

I consider them all my friends...even if they weren't to far behind you. Are you all together and happy?

Your legacy, DICE's legacy was remembered well. Your letter telling everyone else the truth at the cafe...asking them to watch over me. Well they all met your friends.

They all seemed to get along, though DICE carried on the tradition of messing with Momota.

I've studied hard and am a detective just like you always teased me to be.

I'm always working hard. For your sake.

I just wanted to thank you Ouma.

Thank you for opening yourself up to me, I will never know everything about you but I'm glad you let me see a part.

Of the real you.

I will cherish those letters forever and I promise I will live life to the fullest and tell you all about it. You're an incredible person I had the luck of meeting and I hope you know that.

I wish I could have told you that. You were gone as soon as I found you, that isn't fair.

Why did all this have to happen? I always wonder why couldn't you have lived. Why did the world not allow me to become friends with you again, and...I don't know what would happen.

I wouldn't really care where the future went, I just want one with you in it.

Thank you Ouma, for sending me those letters. Thank you for trusting me with your orginization....

I hope one day I can some how see you again. Is that crazy? I don't really care if it is.

I wonder if you can even read this or see me? Was that the kind of paranoia you had? I feel like you are.

I was never a big fan of goodbyes.

So I'll see you later.

Always remembering you,
Shuichi Saihara