Balloon Sendoff

All of you went behind the panel's backdrop. The coordinator said that you guys are going to do a sendoff for the fans to end Comic Con. You guys were gonna go back out on the panel's stage to deliver quick, little speeches to thank the fans for coming and supporting you guys.

Everyone agreed and was given microphones. You guys got in the same order as you were on the panel. The same announcer got the audience's attention once again.

"Hey everybody. We have a little something special for you guys to end this summer's Comic Con. Put your hands together again for the cast of the Scorch Trials!" he said loudly.

The audience went crazy as you guys came out again.

"These guys have some words for you all. Cast, take it away." the announcer said.

Wes went first. He put the microphone to his mouth and spoke.

"All I can say thank you. You're the reason why this cast and this story exists. We can't wait for you all to see the movie and I hope you like what we have in store. Thank you." Wes said.

Everyone clapped, then it went down the line.

As everyone said their speeches, you were thinking of you were gonna say. Before you knew it, it was your turn. You looked at all of the people. You ignored it and let your words do the work. You put the microphone to your mouth and spoke.

"First of all, I would like to thank Wes for giving me this opportunity. I never thought that I would be where I'm at right now. I was one of you guys once...a fan. Now, I'm apart of the series. It's incredible to go from high school theatre to this cast. I love you all and I can't wait for you guys to see the movie." you said, wiping your eyes.

Claps and awes filled the atmosphere by your words.

After everyone was done with their speeches, the announcer told everyone to look up. Near the ceiling, there was a net and it held orange balloons. Everyone got out their phones to take a video.

"5...4...3...2...1" everyone said in unison.

The net was cut and the balloons came raining down on everyone. As the balloons got closer, you noticed something on them. One came down in front of you and it had The Scorch Trials title printed on it. Fans were grabbing as many balloons as they possibly can.

"Thank you guys for coming and enjoy the rest of summer." the announcer said.

You all waved to fans as they started to leave. When the majority of the people left, you guys got off of the panel stage and waited for the party bus.

Dexter handed you a bottle of water.

"Thanks." you said, then unscrewed the bottle cap.

"What did you guys think?" Wes asked everyone.

"That was so much fun." Alexander said.

Some of you started to talk about the Wheel of Dares and Temple Run. Thomas started a conversation with you.

"Your speech was really nice." he said.

"Thanks. So was yours. What are we doing after we leave?" you asked.

"Probably go out to eat. I'll ask Wes." he said, then got up.

While waiting for Thomas, you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You turned it on and saw that an unknown number texted you.