The Childish Games We Play.

"Is she okay?" "Are you sure Stefan?!"

"Yes Elena, she's fine. I'm holding her as we speak."

"Get home. NOW." With so much as a single word back, I hung up the phone.

"What's going on?" Damon asked as he got dressed.

I got in the driver's seat and pushed heavily on the gas.

Stefan beat us there. He must not have been that far to begin with.

"He came to me."

"Who?"

"The Devil."

"When? When we were together?! I didn't see him."

"You weren't supposed to."

"Why did he come to you? What did he want?" Stefan asked laying Lex in her bassinet.

"He's upset Damon and I made up. It's not apart of his plans he had for me. So, in that event, I defied him. He's going to make me pay for it."

"I'm calling everyone." Stefan dialed as quickly as possible.

They were all here in minutes.

"We have an issue on our hands."

"The Devil is after Elena. And because of that, he may come after any of us as well."

"But why?" "I thought they were BFF's." Care and Bonnie chimed.

"Wait? Did something happen?" Jeremy looked at Damon, Stefan, and I.

"What do you mean?"

"The mood between Damon and Elena. It's lighter."

Bonnie gasped, "Did you two make up?!"

I smiled and took his hand, "Yes, we did."

She squealed, running out to hug us. I couldn't help but noticed Care looked a little disappointed. It made me wonder why?

"Okay, so how do we protect ourselves against the Devil himself?"

"I can figure out some spells."

"We also need the Nguyen sisters and Davina here as well."

"Why?"

I made a face at Bonnie, "He's going to go after people I care about. That includes them. I texted Davina a while ago, she's busy, she'll stop by later. The sisters are—

"Right here."

Amber and Chloe came downstairs and joined us.

"What is it like a hotspot portal upstairs?" Damon sneered.

They smirked at him as Amber went and stood and Jeremy's side. I guess they're still dating.

"So, you got yourself mixed up with the Devil? Why didn't you tell us?"

"Well nobody knew really. It was need to know basis."

"Huh. Elena gets a makeover, a cheating husband, and a dance with the devil. We miss all the fun."

I glared at Jeremy who avoided my eye.

Smart boy.

"My personal life, also a need to know basis."

"I don't get it Elena, it just feels like you've kind of shut us out. I mean I know you've had your outs with Amber, but we miss you."

"Well she's been spending all her time with her new favorite witch friend; she forgets we're the reason she's alive."

I stared at Amber until she disappeared.

"Amber?!" Chloe shocked began to freak.

"Oh, look at that. I still have the powers he gave me."

Jeremy sighed, "Where did you put her?"

"Somewhere she's not annoying me."

"How—how did you do that? Where did you put her?!"

"Chloe relax, she's fine. Nothing will get done properly with her taking her frustrations out on me. You two, mostly her, problems with me are not my fault. I didn't tell lies."

"This is childish Elena! Bring my sister back now!"

"You can be with her where she is, or you can wait for me to bring her back once things are discussed."

She was upset, but she backed down. I kind of think she was scared of me a little. To be honest, I'm too a little scared of myself.

Bonnie cleared her throat, "Okay, so we'll start working on spells. See if we can find some powerful protection ones."

My phone beeped, "The Mickaelson's are coming with Davina."

"We don't need them."

"We need all the help we can get."

I took Lex out of the bassinet and headed upstairs.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Caroline stood at the doorway of my bedroom.

"Sure."

She walked in and shut the door behind her. "We're better right?"

"Are you asking me am I still angry with you?"

She nods.

"A little, but not as much as before."

"So, my ass kissing was working then?"

I laughed, "A little."

"You and Damon made up, that's good."

"You didn't seem too thrilled?"

She shrugged, "It's not that I don't want you together, you guys were made for one another. I'm just disappointed in the situation with Devil."

"Disappointed?"

"Damon came very close to crossing a line that to me would've been unforgivable. If he can have his cake and eat it too then so can you."

"And what? The devil was the perfect guy for the job?"

She beamed, "I mean, look at him? He's gorgeous."

"That's not his real face Caroline. He can look like whoever he wants to. I feel like I'm repeating myself. I've seen his real face, and trust me, you don't want to suck face with that."

"So, you hook up with him when he's hot."

I roll my eyes and shook my head.

"I'm just saying, it seemed like a wasted opportunity."

I look off into the window. You see, what she doesn't know, what nobody knows, is that something did happen with the Devil. And I'll be damned if anybody finds out about it. Especially Damon.