FEELiNGS ↣ JiNKOOK

Where instead of turning from nerdy to sexy, Person A doesn't have enough time to straighten their usually curly hair, and wear their contacts, leaving their classmate, Person B in gay panic .

-- short drabble inspired by this au! ^.^

jeon jeongguk had only a few things that pushed him out of bed to come to school: the morning sun, his best friend taehyung, who had him convinced that he would destroy him to pieces if he didn't come, and his chemistry lab class.

jeongguk was a sucker for chemistry-a weird subject to love, but it was jeongguk. jeongguk was weird. he was your average senior, not too popular, but he had a small group of friends that he adored. no one bothered him, and he had stayed in his own little bubble since freshman year.

so chemistry class; he had separate classes for theory and lab, and just sitting in the lab while pouring out hydrochloric acid into an old beaker made his chest warm: he could do this for the rest of his life.

his school's lab, much like any other one, had tables across it, and each table had to be occupied by two students, which, to first-time-taker jeongguk was an absolute horror, he despised pairs.

in the first class itself his short professor with thinning white hair and a father-like smile had assigned pairs.

jeongguk's pair, kim seokjin, was an angel, in jeongguk's eyes.

seokjin wasn't a bother, and when they worked together he did his part, and let jeongguk do his in peace.

and jeongguk loved it.

they didn't hang out together; in school, out of school, and they only had their lunch period together except for chemistry, and they both had their individual friend groups, so they never talked outside the room that smelled alarmingly like zinc sulphate.

seokjin was pretty, jeongguk admitted. seokjin could be a model.

in the quiet times where they performed their experiments slowly, jeongguk had noticed seokjin's pretty brown eyes. he liked them.

seokjin was sweet, really sweet, but jeongguk didn't, and couldn't have a crush on him because there's two ways jeongguk likes someone:

a) if they're utterly attractive to him at first glance or

b) if they're close enough to jeongguk for the boy to trust them.

and seokjin was none of that to jeongguk.

--

5 minutes into their morning lab class, jeongguk noticed that seokjin still hadn't come in, he frowned. seokjin was never late.

he pouted, he didn't want to find a new group to do his experiment with (they weren't allowed to do their experiments individually), he hated practically everyone in that class. and if seokjin didn't come in about another two minutes, jeongguk would be fucked.

just as he gathered his things to move to another table, the door opened harshly, and a panting seokjin stood at the door with a slip in his hands.

jeongguk's eyes widened. oh.

seokjin wasn't wearing his usual tucked-in button up with trousers, instead he had on a white sweater (that was honestly way too big for him, jeongguk thought; but then he remembered-shoulders.) with black skinny jeans, his hair a light pink from his usual blonde, hands adorned with chipped sky blue nail polish-seokjin hated chipped polish, and instead of contacts, he had the cutest pair of round, no-rimmed glasses perched on his nose.

oh, jeongguk thought.

seokjin made his way next to jeongguk, sitting down and groaning into his hands, starting to rant about how he got up late, couldn't find his contacts, clothes had gone for laundry, and how he had to run to catch a bus.

but jeongguk was seemingly distracted, eyes staring at seokjin's figure as his mouth hung a little wide. he wasn't listening. at all.

"you should dress like this more often," jeongguk blurted, interrupting seokjin's rant.

the pink-haired boy stopped talking, hands slowly resting down on the table as he looked at jeongguk shyly, and the other boy could see the heat rushing from his ears to his cheeks.

"you look beautiful like this." jeongguk said softly, smiling at seokjin.

seokjin was red now, he couldn't even control the colour on his face, "thank you," he mumbled, smiling his usual big smile at jeongguk.

and as seokjin smiled at him, jeongguk felt warmth spread through chest, pink making its way up his own cheeks as ducked his face and scribbled notes on the paper in front of him.

he might need to re-evaluate how he felt about seokjin.

a/n ; haha, this is cute, i guess. i won't be posting long one-shots just yet, sorry! i'm working on them though, so you can expect content soon.