Enter the 14th Ward

• Eunmi •
"Did you hear about the 14th ward..? I heard that students became missing as of recently with the increase of ghoul activity.." A female classmate said in a slight hushed tone. "Yeah.. I heard when they found the bodies they were so mangled up to the point where it was hard to make a confirmed identification.." another student chimed in. "My friend lives there.. I feel so scared to even remotely go over to visit her" the female student replied back. This has become the talk of the school for over two weeks.

A series of students had gone missing, first going with one by one? Then small groups entirely. It doesn't necessarily help that home room had 32 students in the class from the beginning, and it had decreased to 28 due to the recent circumstances. We are all young, and in our first year of high school naturally we would all be scared. In all my time, I had become very cautious, and never stayed out late either, so I can only say I've been safer than most. But I'm still only human, and what chance could I have against a ghoul? "Times are changing.. with all these ghoul attacks, do you think we can even make it past graduation?" My friend of 4 years now, Mei Higurashi said with a concerned tone. "Hey I'm sure we will.. I'm pretty sure that the CCG is targeting and trying to locate whatever's responsible as we speak" I said with reassurance. "You're right.. but at least we don't live super far from the school" Mei said with some new hope in her eyes. "Precisely.." I said before taking a sip of my strawberry milk.

"So.. have you figured out what you're gonna say to Keigo?" I asked with a slight teasing tone, making her face glow bright red. "S-Shush! They might hear you and pass on the word!" She whisper-yelled at me. I gave a slight laugh at her reaction. "Relax.. but seriously though.. todays the day right? If ya don't do it, that ex girlfriend of his is going to try to beat you to it" I said. "I'm going to be straight forward with him.. a-and he's walking me home today so.. it'll be the perfect opportunity!" She said as she looked down at her hands holding onto each other for some comfort.

"I'm sure it will all work out in your favor.. trust me.." I stated with a smile. Just then the bell rings, signaling the end of after school classes causing all of us to pack up and leave. "Since you're confessing today.. you must be alone with him, me being there is kinda awkward" I said as we walked to the front gate. "W-What? But you heard about the attacks! Even in broad daylight-" "and I will be careful.. besides my parents should be home soon anyway and I have to help cook tonight" I said. Mei seemed nervous as she looked to see Keigo waiting for her. I nudged her arm slightly. "You got this.. I believe in you" I said, causing her to look at him then back at me. She smiled nervously and nodded before she engulfed me in a hug and jogged over to where Keigo stood. "You sure take forever to get over here!" He said with a playful glare. "Oh hush! It's not my fault my class is across campus!" She scolded back. I couldn't help but laugh at their little remarks and stopped right in front of them. "You two be careful.. and you" I turned to face Keigo. "Better take care of her.. these attacks have been brutal.." I said. "Yeah yeah, I know. I can probably take on a ghoul any day anyway" Keigo said with his arms crossed. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Mei.

"Call me when you get home safe" I said with a wink making her slightly glare but smile anyway. We went our separate ways, heading home for the day. Everything was normal, much more quiet than usual however without Mei. I continued walking, this time putting my headphones on and listening to music before I got distracted by a little boutique with a rather pretty dress. It had white draped sleeves but however had the same design as a plain black dress. It looked beautiful with the mannequins aesthetic allowing any girl to picture themselves in it. However it was only a glance before I felt a collision with someone. "Hmph-!" I let out as I then took a few steps away and turned around only to see a rather beautiful woman with short purple/pink hair looking right at me. She paused a moment before she gave a simple closed eyed smile.