Welcome To Anteiku

• Eunmi •

The next 2 weeks were honestly incredibly odd. I missed two days of school, Mei and Keigo were still in the hospital but making great recovery despite the damages, and my mother grew even more protective of me. Understandably, both my parents were worried for me, and in turn caused my mother to pick me up every day after school and after my club activities. Rumors once again spread but this time, the name Binge Eater was tossed about and how there haven't been any more disappearing students. But that didn't stop some of the questions being asked about what happened that night. I was asked about what it was like to face a ghoul, about what it look liked and how it felt. It almost made me upset but I can see their curiosity. My injuries that were once severe, healed much quicker than expected. My hunger grew, I began eating more but sometimes that wouldn't extinguish it. Like I was full but not entirely. I also began to go to Anteiku whenever I could, and when my mother allowed it. My father was actually encouraging for me to go over there and work part time.

Which I wouldn't mind at all, it was a lovely place to be at. I then heard the bell ring, signaling the end of class, and I already knew my mother would be waiting outside the school gates with her quinque case in hand. I'm not quite sure if I even feel the same with my mother and father anymore. And seeing that brief case, knowing that the weapons of a ghoul is in there like animals teeth being used for arrows and spears when need it be. I understand the per-caution but seeing these cases now made me sick. "Tohsaka's mom is here again.. must be nice to have a parent as an investigator" a student spoke.

I huffed quietly to myself before standing up with my belongings in hand and leaving the classroom. The same old talking and whispering that I loathed behind my back. I walked to the gate and made eye contact with my mother. "Hi honey, how was it?" She asked. "Same old school, aced my exam though so that was nice.. but I wish Mei would get better soon. The people here annoy me" I mumbled causing her to chuckle. "I swear you're only an extrovert with Mei with you.. little grouch" she said pinching my cheek gently. "Mother.." I groaned before she let go. "Fine fine.. anyhow, I understand you're going to Anteiku today? It seems like you're actually socializing for once" she said with a light tone.

"I suppose so.. they're really nice. It's so peaceful and the scent of the coffee shop is.." I began. "Divine isn't it? Ugh I want coffee scents like that in the house" she added as we entered the car and began driving to Anteiku. "Hey mom. Are you sure it's okay for you to come out of work so early to get me? I mean.. I don't want to be in the middle of your job" I said. "Nonsense Eunmi.. you could never be in the way of anything. You're my baby, your safety is my priority" she said as she quickly pecked the side of my head. 'Safety.. but what happens when.. you know I'm half of the monsters you kill' I thought to myself.

It was quiet with the exception of radio music, and before we knew it, we were at the coffee shop. "Alright.. now remember to call me okay?" She said. "Okay I will, tell dad I said hi and I'll be back soon" I said before she ruffled my hair and I exited the vehicle and closed the door behind me. I looked at the building and it doesn't seem too busy, a perfect setting. I smiled as I walked into the coffee shop and inhaling the aroma of coffee. "Welcome to Anteiku! Oh, hey Eunmi" Touka greeted with a smile. "Hey Touka.. are you guys doing okay? Has it been busy?" I asked. "No, it's been like this all day... how was school?" She asked. "Same old.. but I really miss Mei.." I mumbled. "I'm sure she's going to come back soon.. have you tried visiting?" She asked. I shook my head as I took a seat at the booth. "No.. I just.. drop off flowers and her snacks at the hospital.. they say I'm not allowed and it is immediate family only" I said. Touka hummed in response as she prepared a cup of coffee, with hazelnut flavor and a side of sugar and cream. "That sucks.. anyhow, I'll go on ahead and bring Ayato down here. I'm sure he's just ecstatic to get tutored today" she said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes as I mixed the cream and sugars into the coffee cup. "He needs to learn properly, even if the guy doesn't want to be going to school. It is very important he keeps up the basics at least" I said causing her to laugh.