10

(Lances POV)

After that long day yesterday I got Keith's cut bandaged up. Now I'm trapped with his incredibly strong grip.
He is laying on my stomach asleep of course I can't move out of it. He would wake up if I moved. I heard the door to the common room open and turned my head.
"Oh hey Shiro" I said and he let out a laugh. "Yes.... I got caught once again Shiro" I said and he sat next to me.
Keith huffed me tighter at that moment and I wheezed. "O-ow" Keith said as he tried to get up but fell. I noticed he has some blood coming from his bandages.
Keith got up and sat on the couch looking drowsy. "We should probably change your bandages." I said and tried to touch them, but Keith smacked my hand away.
"Dont is stings to touch right now" Keith said slurred. "Well we have to change it keith" Shiro said "or it will get infected" he added. I pulled Keith into a hug and whispered "want some pain meds?" And he nodded slightly.
"Ok" I stood up and took Keith hand to go get some more bandages.
Before we could go anywhere we heard the "PALADINS WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!! GET TO YOUR LIONS!!".
We quickly moved to the hangars. "Be careful" I yelled through the coms to keith. Even though he was recovering he got a pass from Shiro to go in his lion and help.
Blue and I flew out of the hangar and into the battlefield. We were doing fine until my power went out.
"-ance....... wa-c..... it!" I heard through my coma but didn't understand. That was until I was caught in a canon shot. My head was shot forward and smacked against the seat when I flew back.
Black spots littered the corner of my vision. I touched my forehead and felt a cool liquid. "Lance!! Ar-... ou oka-..." I heard once again, but it sounded more like ringing.
I felt blue start to move 'how my power is out?' I thought to myself as I was moved out of the way. I heard and saw another shot hit the lion who came to help out... the black lion.
"Shiro!!" I heard yell through the coms before starting to slip in and out of consciousness.

(Keith's POV)

I watched as the black lion was hit by the canon. "Shiro!!" I screamed and was gonna move to attack until I realized we needed to go.
"Keith you get shiro I got lance!!" Pidge yelled through my coms "okay" I said with a shaky voice.
I went to go get the black lion while pidge went for blue.
When I got to the black lion I found out this would be hard. I saw the canon starting to charge up and I moved as fast as I could. I barely got out of the way before the canon fired again.
I continued to push the black lion towards the castle. When I got into the hangar I jumped out of red and into black. I saw Shiro slumped over in his seat.
"Shiro?" I said shaking his shoulders lightly and he started to stir. I sighed in relief "are you okay? Can you move?" I asked softly he shook his head a no.
I started to move him to pick him up out of the chair. It was a much more difficult feat now since the last time I picked him up he was starved as a prisoner and I was a very not injured person. I managed to get him out of the black lion and set him on the ground.
"Don't move me anymore your going to reopen your cut" Shiro said and I sat down and moved his head into my lap.
"What happened out there?" I asked "Well when I moved lance my lion stopped moving like it's power was gone then it fired. I don't know much more cause I was knocked out" shiro answered and I noticed his eyes starting to shut. "Hey! I need to stay awake!" I yelled shaking Shiro so he wouldn't sleep.
"I'm trying to but I can't" Shiro said and that hurt he was the one who said never to give up. 'If Shiro is admitting defeat then it's worse then I thought' I thought as footsteps moved down the hall to the hangar.
"Keith! Shiro!" Pidge yelled from behind me. When she got there she was out of breath. "Why are you two still here we need to get Shiro to a pod?" She asked to which I responded "my cut was burning and threatening to reopen and we don't need three injured people" I said and Pidge was understanding. She helped with Shiro and when I went to get up my cut burned the worst it ever has. I crumbled to the floor "Keith?!" Pidge yelled "go I will be fine I'm going to sit here for a while" I said and she nodded moving quickly with Shiro. I knew I wasn't okay but Shiro needs to get to a pod.
I looked at my hand and saw blood on it. I groaned since the healing pods stopped working on me I have had to heal naturally. I stood up and my body disagreed but I continued to walk out of the room and down the halls. I needed to get my cut bandaged again.
Once I was in the normal part of the castle like fifteen steps from the med bay I collapsed. Unable to bear the pain anymore. 'Looks like Shiro was right but he said it too late' I thought as I fought my exhaustion and blood loss off.
The door opened and a saw a pair of people walk out. They saw me crippled on the floor and ran over. They were incredibly blurry and called for someone. The ringing in my ears to great from when I hit my head on the floor collapsing.
The last thing I noticed was that the people were hunk and Pidge.

——————————————————
1021 words