17- Trip to NYC Pt 2

Chaerin and Nari refused to let Seijin go to the dinner in hell all alone, so they all went back inside to get ready. Seijin warned them that this place that they were going to was super expensive and that they needed to look like they were wearing something expensive, too.

She begged the two of them to not speak a word of this to the guys since she didn't want Seokjin finding out. If Seokjin found out, she was afraid that he would just make things worse for her. She was so close to being out of her predicament with Irene, and the didn't want anything to mess that up.

Once the three of them arrived at their destination, they all automatically were filled with dread. Irene was the first person that they saw when they walked in, as if she had been waiting to personally greet them.

"Seijin!" Irene said in a fake excited tone. Seijin sent a fake smile back as Irene hugged her, "So glad that you could make it!"

Chaerin rolled her eyes as Irene pointed them toward her table. It was filled with a bunch of rich people that oozed narcissistic. The three of them took seats near one of the ends of the table, thankful that the only other seat open was on the other side of the table.

Unfortunately, Jongin was too close to them for Chaerin and Seijin's liking as he greeted them with a fake smile.

The night felt slow and painful as everyone ordered their food and waited forever to eat it. It didn't help that the table didn't have many conversations going on other than the ones that Irene would initiate.

Despite the lack of anything happening, Seijin was insanely uncomfortable. Chaerin could feel her anxiety from across the table.

Just as the girls thought the night had finally ended with nothing bad happening to them, Irene requested to switch seats with the guy sitting next to Chaerin. Chaerin could feel a shiver run through her body as Irene lowered herself into the seat next to her.

"I felt bad that I invited you three, but yet we didn't get to talk," she stuck out her lip, "I thought you might appreciate it if I came to talk to everyone."

Seijin's fake smile was back as she politely nodded, but shoveled some food into her mouth. Irene's face twisted in disgust for a few seconds before her eyes landed on Nari. Nari didn't know Irene other than what she had heard from the guys, so she hoped that Irene didn't know her.

Unfortunately, Irene knew exactly who she was.

"Nari, dear. I don't believe that we've properly met," her voice was insanely fake and it made Chaerin lose her appetite, "I'm Cho Irene."

Nari nodded in response before smiling nervously, "I'm Lee Nari."

Their conversation fell flat since Irene didn't know much about Nari past her name and her date. Her eyes began to shift to Chaerin as a result, and Chaerin could feel the jealous stares that Irene was sending her. Chaerin turned to look at Irene with the fakest smile she'd ever put on her face.

"I'm not even going to try with you," Irene laughed, "I'm just glad that you're with Jungkook if I'm honest."

Chaerin's eyes widened at Irene's words, but she wasn't done.

"As long as he's not marrying someone he actually loves, I don't care. And don't think that I don't know about your little arrangement."

Seijin's eyes moved over to Chaerin as Chaerin blinked several times. Irene thinks that we're not in love... a smile formed on her face at that thought. So as long as she doesn't know that our relationship is real, she's going to be happy with it?