1- Time Limit

(5/16/24) Man, this is old and rough. I wish I had enough time to rewrite it, but I just do not have the time to do it T.T

::

The air was incredibly silent in the executive office of Shinhwa Group as Jeon Jungkook stood facing the CEO of the company, also known as his father.

"You're kidding, right?" Jungkook laughed in disbelief, shaking his head in denial. "What kind of rule is that?"

"You don't have a choice, Jungkook," his father's voice echoed through the room as Jungkook stiffened. He didn't talk to his father all that often due to how intense he could be.

Jungkook's friends and fellow coworkers, Park Jimin and Jung Hoseok, stood behind Jungkook and looked at each other for a few seconds. Hoseok spoke up a couple seconds later with a timid voice, "Sir, isn't that deadline a little unrealistic?"

"Six months?" his father's eyebrows raised, "I think that's more than enough time. With his looks he could pick up any woman on the streets and she'd fall for him."

"But any woman won't be good enough," Jungkook shook his head and took a deep breath, "You can't put a time limit on finding the perfect woman."

"You don't need the perfect woman, you just need a wife," his father shot, getting tired of the conversation, "Why do you think I married your mother?"

Jungkook's patience was wearing thin and his glare intensified. It wasn't often that he talked back to his father considering how intimidating he could be, but Jungkook was beyond upset, "I don't want a marriage like yours. You two don't love each other. She only married you for the money."

"You have six months, Jungkook," his father repeated, finalizing the conversation with a flick of his hand, "Six months."

::

"Can you believe that guy?" Jungkook mumbled as he threw his empty coke bottle in a trash can that they were passing by, "He expects me to find someone worth spending my life with in such a little amount of time?"

"Well..." Kim Seokjin, Jungkook's oldest friend and coworker, bit his lip for a second, "There are seven of us, so if we all go wife hunting, I'm sure we could find someone."

Jungkook groaned, but most of the guys agreed with Seokjin. "I would rather just hire someone to marry me and then divorce them when I find the right girl."

Jungkook's closest friend, Kim Taehyung, scrunched up his nose at the proposition, "That sounds like a terrible plan. What if she denies getting divorced unless she's paid a million or something? Or worse, your father won't let you divorce her because it would hurt the company's image."

"But I don't want to get married right now!" Jungkook was starting to even get frustrated with his friends. He doesn't want to be set up... and he certainly doesn't want a greedy partner. He couldn't live with a woman that was like his mom. All she's ever cared about was money. She didn't show up to his graduation, induction into the company, the dinner celebration for his promotion...

"You could always go for an old friend... even one of our sisters or cousins if you had to." Jimin suggested.

Min Yoongi, the collected one of all of Jungkook's friends, raised his eyebrows at Jimin's comment, "My sister is off limits." He shook his head, taking a sip of his coke. The guys paused their conversation to walk inside the local coffee shop a quarter mile from their office.

"I know that my cousin would marry you," Kim Namjoon, the smartest of the group, offered, "She's kinda liked you for a while. Don't tell her I told you, though."