16- Trip to NYC Pt 1

"I have never seen her more upset than I did yesterday," Jungkook said to Taehyung and Jimin as they sat in Jungkook's office. They were all supposed to be on their lunch break, but Jungkook asked Jimin and Taehyung to come talk to him in his office.

"Well how would you feel if your parents talked to you like that?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook leaned back in his chair, "Even if she hated her parents in the first place, it would still hurt for them to say that to her."

"I know... but she won't talk to me," he frowned, picking up his phone, "I called her five times this morning and twice while on lunch break and she hasn't even sent me a text."

"Wow..." Jimin scratched his cheek and looked at his phone, "Not even a text? You need to go see her, then."

"I should go see her," Jungkook pushed his chair away from his desk, "but I'm afraid that I'll show up to the coffee shop and she won't be there. I don't have enough time to drive all the way to her place."

"Nari is home right now," Taehyung started to pull out his phone, "I can ask her if she's there. You'd have time to go straight there if she is."

Before Jungkook could say anything, Taehyung began calling Nari. She picked up after three rings, "Hey Tae! Are you on your lunch break?"

"Yeah," he nodded, "But I need you to tell me if Chaerin is home right now or not. She's not picking up any of Jungkook's calls."

"She isn't, but her phone is here," Nari responded, "I would have called Jungkook back, but I kept forgetting to. I've been trying to get Kiseung and Hyomin to make up after that fight they've been upset over, and I forgot."

"Has Chaerin spoken to you recently?" Jungkook leaned over and spoke toward the phone.

"She has, but it was barely anything. I asked her if she was going to work after class and she said that she had something to do."

"But she didn't say what?" Jungkook asked with a growing frown. They were back to square one.

"I'm afraid she didn't," Nari sighed, "I'm surprised she left her phone. She's never done that before."

"Great," Jungkook mumbled, "I have no idea what to do. Did she tell you what happened?"

"Something happened?"

"I'll tell you later," Taehyung interjected, "but we're worried about her. When she gets home, text me and Jungkook in the group message I'm about to put you in, okay?"

"Okay. Don't forget to tell me what's wrong."

"I won't. I need to let you go, though," Taehyung swallowed, "be careful."

"I will. I don't plan on going out at any point today."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye."

After a few seconds of silence, a small smile spread across Jimin's face, "Wow, Tae, have you not told her that you love her yet?"

Despite the circumstances, Jungkook found himself smiling, too, "No way, really?"

"I just," Taehyung opened his mouth to start defending himself, but Jungkook and Jimin were too quick to start making fun of him.

"You keep talking about how serious you two are, but you haven't even told her that you love her?"

"Are you really that embarrassed?" Jimin smiled and nudged his friend, "I'm sure she's waiting for you to tell her. You need to go for it."

"I..." Taehyung started, but paused mid sentence. Jimin did have a point...