7- Flirting with the Wrong Crowd

It was only a few minutes until the business party was supposed to happen as Chaerin took a deep breath. She was completely ready, wearing one of the prettiest dresses she had ever seen, and her makeup looked perfect. She was nervous yet excited at the same time about Jungkook seeing her in the dress she was wearing.

She felt a sigh escape her lips as she sat down on the bed in the room she was in. She wasn't even sure who's room she was in or even if it was anyone's room in particular. His place seemed to be big enough for several families to live in it with a single room available for every person.

She looked at her phone and slightly pouted at the lack of messages from her friends, but at the same time, it was to be expected. She hadn't talked to any of them all that much recently, especially Hyomin and Nari. Neither of them seemed to be around the apartment anymore, but then again, she wasn't either.

"Oh- I'm sorry. Uh..."

Chaerin looked up from her phone and saw a male who looked about her age standing in the doorway. She stood up and bowed, "Mianhae, I was using this room to get ready and I didn't realize it was yours!"

She looked back up at the male when she heard a soft laugh. He walked up to her and looked her up and down before holding out his hand.

"My name is Joohyun. I don't believe I've met you."

She took his hand hesitantly and took in a sharp breath as his lips found the back of her hand. She felt her ears grow hot and she suddenly felt ten times more awkward to be in the room with this guy.

His lips lingered on her hand as his eyes looked at her. He released her hand as a smirk made a home on his face. He seemed to be satisfied with the fact that she was flustered as he moved closer to her.

Chaerin swallowed nervously as she noticed the guy was practically cornering her with her only escape to be jumping over the bed. She probably would have done as much if it hadn't been for the fact that the dress she was wearing was very short and it would be easy for him to see her underwear if she tried to use the bed as an escape route.

"U-Uhm," she choked out while still backing away from him, "I'm assuming you know Jungkook?"

She felt a celebration being thrown in her head as the guy's eyebrows raised and he took a step back. Maybe he worked for Jungkook and he was afraid of being fired if he tried anything with her?

"Little Jeon? Of course I know him," he replied, an amused smile forming on his face. Was he already back to being a creep? She should probably make a run for it...

She slipped past him easily and rushed to the exit, but she heard the guy following behind her. Her curiosity forced her to turn back to look at how close he was, and she let out a surprised scream to see that he was right behind her.

"I-I have somewhere to be," she choked out, but the guy just laughed at her.

"Are you really the type of girl Jeon is into? I thought he'd have a better taste than this." He said with an expressionless look on his face. Chaerin looked at him in disbelief as her eyes narrowed.

"Excuse me? That was incredibly rude." She snapped.

"And you're incredibly annoying." He snapped back with a satisfied look on his face. "Jeon would probably dump you in a heartbeat once he found a prettier girl. Your looks are so bland."

"My looks are fine, thank you," she stepped up to him as if to challenge him, "Jungkook has told me plenty of times how great he thinks I look."

"Probably all lies," he shrugged as he looked at his watch, "Jeon won't marry someone like you. He should be marrying Irene."