Chapter Thirty-Seven

She knew where Cullen would be. His office was in one of the towers clinging to the top of the wall, and the only way to get to it was up a creaking staircase. She started stomping on the wooden steps, and she heard them crack as she went up. Her hands were balled into fists, her face was frozen with rage.

She couldn't believe Cullen! Running around and telling everyone that Solas hit her, what the hell was he thinking?! Did he honestly think that Talyn would let him get away with it?!

"Inquisitor?" Fenris' gravelly voice interrupted her internal raging.

"Not now." She growled at him over her shoulder.

"Where are you going?"

She stopped, and turned around to face Fenris. He looked concerned.

"I'm going to kill Cullen!" She said with mock cheerfulness.

She turned around again and continued her angry stomping up the tower. She heard Fenris' footsteps, so she turned her head to see his spiky white hair and green eyes.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm coming with you." He replied, " to make sure you don't murder the best Commander you have."

She looked straight forward and walked faster. When they were at the top of the staircase, Talyn lifted a foot and kicked in his door. Splinters of wood flew in all directions at the impact.

She stormed into the room, and faced Cullen, who was standing with his sword in his hand. At the sight of her, he immediately sheathed his blade. At first he looked surprised, but then his face paled with fear at the murderous look in Talyn's eyes.

She went up to him, and Cullen started to back up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She shouted at him.

Her tattooed hands lit up and she shoved him. He flew backwards into a chair by a blazing fireplace, and both him and the chair crashed into the wall. A picture slid down the wall and landed on the back of it. Then it fell forward, and the heavy frame landed on top of Cullen's head.

He hissed in pain and threw the painting off him. He rubbed his scalp while he scrambled to his feet. He looked over at Fenris helplessly. The elf man was leaning against the wall opposite of the angry Inquisitor and her victim.

In response to Cullen's look, he shrugged and said, "don't look at me. I'm not the one you pissed off."

She started shouting at him in elvish. "ma ememon noen gonun tohen dirth galin o ma' edh convem!"

Cullen looked back and forth between Talyn and Fenris.

"What is she saying?!" He asked Fenris.

Fenris raised an eyebrow, and spoke over Talyn's shouting. "Does it look like I actually know any elvish?"

Talyn stepped forward, invading Cullen's space.

"Ma're a mun palar!"

Fenris paused for a moment with his head tilted to the side. Then he smiled.

"She just called you a pig fucker."

"You had no right!" She shouted in the common tongue. "No fucking right to tell everyone about my private business!"

"I'm sorry Talyn-"

Cullen tried to apologize, but she cut him off.

"You know nothing about me! Pala ma! Fenhedis lasa, ma palaken a mun! Ma're garoenel!"