Sixty-Three. (Part 2)

Turns out Sam had indeed decided to still show up even though I hadn't spoken to her the whole week.

It was dead silent as she entered the living room. Nobody knew what to say and so we all stood there just waiting for it to pass.

Sam was the first one to speak up. She simply asked if she could talk to me....alone. I think I surprised everyone when I said no.

And I think Calum surprised everyone when he basically dragged me to my room with Sam and then locked us in there.

I really had no choice but to talk to her now.

Neither of us said anything for awhile and it had become extremely awkward. I don't ever remember having any awkward silences with Sam before this, but hey like they say there's a first time for everything.

"Happy Birthday." Is the first thing that leaves Sam's mouth.

"Thanks." I give her a small smile before looking down to my hands.

"Genie....I know I owe you an apology but I also owe you an explanation." Sam starts getting my attention. I look up and meet her eyes.

"I'm listening."

"I don't even know where to begin...." Sam takes a deep breath. "I'm really sorry about the other night...and well all of those other times. I've been extremely out of line and a bad friend."

"I wouldn't say a bad friend Sam." I say and she gives me a smile. Sam may of been a little unsupportive but she was in no way a bad friend.

"No I have been. You said the other night a good friend would be supportive and happy for you and that's exactly what I haven't been which is just stupid because I honestly don't think I have ever seen you happier." What Sam says actually stuns me simply because of the fact that she was right.

When I really thought about this was the happiest I had ever been and Calum had to have if not all but most of the part in that.

I don't know what to say so I don't say anything.

"So that's my apology." Sam says looking nervous. "Now for the explanation."

"Explanation for what exactly?" I ask feeling very confused.

"Why I've been how I have when it comes to you and Calum." Oh boy, this should be interesting.

"Promise you won't hate me after what I tell you?" Sam asks making me frown. Why would I hate her.

"I promise."

"Okay so you remember in year 12 when you went away with Nick and his family for the weekend?" Sam asks and I nod. What did that have to do with anything.

"Well that same weekend Ashton threw a party and I went obviously." Sam looks at me nervously and gulps. "Calum and I sort of hooked up." Wait. What?!

"Hooked up? You and Calum?" I look at her in disbelief.

"Yeah..I mean it was just a drunken make out if I'm being honest but it was that very same drunken make out that almost broke Andrew and I up." Sam admits and I must say I'm happy that I was already sitting down because I probably would of lost my balance.

That information was just a lot to process. I mean calum and Sam?!

"Wow." I say then shake my head. "Why would Andrew care if it was just a drunken hook up though?" Andrew was pretty understanding with the whole doing stupid stuff when you're drunk so it's strange that it almost broke them up.

"I may of had tiny feelings for Calum at the time." Sam admits looking at me cautiously.

"You had feelings for Calum?"