Chapter 15

I love you. 

The words resonated in my ear - I'm not sure why. I guess I had always assumed I would never find love. No one would want someone who had been used, someone who was dirty. In that small moment, my world seemed pure again. The room around us fell away in that moment of pure bliss.

Colby cupped my face in between his hands and placed his soft lips on my dry, cracked ones. Our lips fit into each other's, and it was as if he didn't dare really kiss me, tenderly touching his flushed, opening lips against mine. There was no need to hungrily nibble on the others' lip or slip our tongue into the others mouth. All we needed was this sweet, loving connection between the two of us.

As we tasted each other, I realized I had been starving. I had kissed before, but it didn't burn me alive in this good way. Maybe the kiss lasted a minute, and maybe it was an hour. All I knew was that kiss and how his lips felt against mine, and that even if I did not know it until then, I had been waiting for this forever.

Colby pulled his lips away from mine and pressed our foreheads together. I was unable to open my eyes for a moment after, still so lost in that moment. I could feel his breath against my face and couldn't help but wonder.... why?

"Colby," I said.

"Yes?"

"Why do you love me?"

Colby pulled away and I opened my eyes to see him looking into mine.

"Elowen, what do you mean?"

"I mean what I said. Why do you love me?"

"Oh, Elowen, I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you."

I held back tears as he spoke, wondering how a boy like him ended up walking into love with me.

"I'd choose you, too, Colby."

🅃🄷🄴 🄴🄽🄳 ♥︎

Do you want to see this story continued? Please comment below!