Chapter 6

I woke up with my whole body aching from the uncomfortable position I was in. The bitter cold from the cement floor seeped through my clothing and chilled my skin. I blinked groggily, trying to get rid of the lingering remains of my dreamless sleep. Even when I opened my eyes, though, I couldn't see much except a dim light coming from a slim crack, most likely a space under a door.

Where am I? I thought, panic and fear slowly rising in my chest. It was like a cold hand was slowly closing over my heart as it tried to beat its way out of my torso and up into my throat.

My eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lighting, but before I had time to take in my surroundings, the loud bang of a heavy metal door startled me. A man in a large black robe walked in, twirling a gun around in his hand. Though his hood covered his face from view, I could feel his eyes on me. I avoided looking at the black hole where his face was and instead scanned the room.

I saw Sam, Jake, and Colby spaced out next to me against the wall. Jake was on my right, Colby on my left, and Sam to the left of Colby.

Colby seemed to already be awake. His hands were chained above his head and he was facing the wall. He was breathing heavily and pressing his forehead against the cold cement. His legs were shaking, and I could only wonder how long he hand been forced to stand there.

Jake's body hung limp and was held up by his arms, which were bound in leather and strapped to the wall

Jake's body hung limp and was held up by his arms, which were bound in leather and strapped to the wall. He was beginning to stir, most likely the door having woken him up.

I couldn't really see Sam, but I assumed he was tied up as well.

"Colby! Jake! Sam!" I impulsively called out their names, not thinking about the possible consequences of speaking. I tried to stand up, but cold metal bit at my skin. The chain around my neck was too short for me to get to my feet; I was forced to remain on my knees, in a position I knew pleased the man in black, if the disturbing pleasured moans at the sight of me were anything to go by.

"No wonder all these young men hang out with you," the man murmured, "You're gorgeous. And you're so hot when you're flustered." I recognized his voice the moment it spoke. The grating gruffness of his voice from all the years of smoking and the hint of a southern accent were all too familiar. It sounded so painful the way he spoke; his lungs were so battered from the misuse.

"Get away from her!" Colby yelled. He huffed angrily and his eyes scanned the room in search for anything he could use to get them out of their situation. My father ignored him.

He crouched down in front of me and placed his fingers under my chin, lifting my head up so I was looking at him. I glared into the eyes that I had learned to hate since I was only six. The corners of his eyes where it was supposed to be white was tainted red, his veins visible.

"Get away from me," I hissed.

"So full of fire, aren't you?" He murmured. A small smile flickered on the corner of his lips and flared wicked bright in his eyes. He caressed his fingers along the tightness of my jaw. "It's going to be glorious having you in my bed tonight."

"Get the f*ck away from her," Jake growled.

"I swear if you touch her," Colby began.

My father rolled his eyes.

"You obviously have no idea what you have gotten yourself into," he chuckled. "You really think you can stop me? And you think you three are gonna go unharmed?" He let out a laugh. It wasn't a particularly evil laugh, but it still sent chills down my spine.

My father stood up and casually strolled over to Jake. I scrambled away the moment his fingers left my chin, but I couldn't get far. The best I could do was recoil against the wall.

My father eyed Jake up and down and lifted up a tuft of Jake's purple hair to examine. I could see Jake's jaw clench and his fists tighten as my father placed his hand in the center of Jake's chest and dragged it down to the waistband of his pants. The room was hushed in silence. My father nodded in what seemed like satisfaction. As he stepped towards me, I heard a held in breath escape Jake's lips.

"Please don't hurt them," I croaked. The only response I got was a laugh.

"Darling, you'll never grow up, will you?" The words rolled off his tongue. "Have you not learned yet that life isn't always all rainbows and pixie dust? Hopefully you'll understand that after the night I put you and your friends through."