Chapter 7

Colby yanked on his chains, filling the room with his yells and the sound of metal clanging. He pushed his feet against the wall and pulled on his wrists.

"If you touch any on them, you will regret it!" He yelled.

"Colby, stop! You're going to hurt yourself!" Sam yelled. My father watched in amusement as Sam, Jake, and I tried to get Colby to stop thrashing around. Undecipherable shouts of protest erupted from his lungs until his voice went hoarse. His body stopped straining against the chains and he leaned against the wall. His whole body heaved up and down with every breath he took. His face contorted in pain as the numbness of his adrenaline wore off.

"You're a fighter, too, aren't you?" My father mused. Colby lifted his head and glared at him.

"Please, Dad, don't bring them into this," I begged. I swallowed back a sob and forced the next words out. "Do whatever you want to me - just don't hurt them."

"Elowen, no," Colby growled. I avoided making eye contact with him, though the guilt in my stomach was overwhelming.

My father looked at me, a grin on his face. He walked towards me, taking a long pause between every step so the sound echoed off the walls. It took all my willpower to not recoil against the wall.

"You sure about that?" He inquired. He looked at me as if I was nothing but a toy to him, which was probably true.

"Elowen, no!" Colby said, more demanding this time. My eyes flickered to him for a moment, but the expression on his face was too painful to look at.

"Your friends here seem to think that's a rather poor, decision," my father said. I breathed heavily. I didn't want to do it, but I didn't have a choice.

"Just don't hurt them," I said.

"Elowen, NO!" The sound of metal clanging filled with room again. My father stood frozen in thought for a moment.

"You know, I think you seeing your friends in pain is more satisfying," he said. My stomach plummeted.

"No, no," I mumbled. I tried to stand up but the chain yanked me back to the floor. My hands scraped against the cement, making my palms sting. "You can do anything to me - anything! - and I won't resist!" My voice cracked into a sob.

"Elowen, that is not an option," my father said. "Let's just get this started, okay? I'm getting bored."

My father marched over to Colby and grabbed a fistful of his hair. He yanked Colby's head back violently. Unable to move, Colby glared into my father's face, which was inches from his. My father smirked as he brought his knee swiftly to Colby's crotch. Colby tried to suppress his agonized cries and bit down on his lower lip to swallow them. All that came out was a high pitched whimper that got stuck in the back of his throat. A tear escaped his reddened eyes as my father kneed him again.

I screamed and cried, afraid of what else he would do. I crawled as close to Colby as I could and furiously clawed at the chain around my neck. My nails scraped my skin, but the metal around my neck remained untouched.

"Colby! Colby! " Sam was calling his name. I have never heard such fear come out of his mouth.